Miss Bleak's Second Tale Pt. 1

Young, rosy-cheeked Bleak bounded up the hills leading away from her home town. Even though she was a bit on the heavyset side, the girl was muscular enough to keep to a quick pace over the winding trails. Filled with excitement, she clenched onto her bow and quiver which dangled around her shoulders.

"B-Bleak!" groaned a weary voice from behind her. "W-wait! Won't ya?! I-I need to catch my breath!"

Tumbling out of the bushes, frail-built Hobbs did his best to keep up with his childhood friend's speed. Although the son of a boating family, the youth was unfit and malnourished. That's why Bleak liked him. She could always out wrestle the skinny boy with one armed tied behind her back and blindfolded. Nevertheless, Bleak was not at all cruel to him. At least not without the best intentions. Deep down she fancied the boy and could never stop grinning in delight while with him.

Huffing and puffing, Hobbs tripped over himself and landed face first beneath the tall girl. He could not even look up at her. His sweltering head would not move a muscle. Instead he laid on his belly and wheezed, begging the girl for water.

Bleak playfully waltzed and sat on a boulder a few feet away from the dead tried boy, but it might as well had been a mile. She jiggled the water pouch in her hand while she smiled wickedly. While the boy crawled hand by hand towards her, Bleak could not help but laugh at his struggles. He was so cute panting and gasping on the dirt.

Young Bleak finally felt sorry for him and lifted herself from the rock. She nonchalantly skipped over to the slowly dying boy. Then she offered him the water pouch and helped pour it into his dry mouth.

"Thank you..." groaned Hobbs.

With a high pitched laugh, the girl hoisted the scrawny boy over her shoulder and carried him so they could continue their journey. Hobbs squirmed a bit but eventually fell limp in the girl's massive yet gentle arms.

"Haven't we had enough adventuring, Bleak?" whined the boy. "The day's already half done, and I'm so hungry!"

Bleak bounced the boy on her shoulder and said, "Keep your tunic on. I brought us some boiled chicken and bread along."

Without letting go of Hobbs or even slowing down her march, she dug her hand into her travel sack, dangling against her waist, and handed a chicken leg to him. The boy shoveled the meat into his mouth without even taking a second to breathe in between bites. With a gasped, he begged for more water.

"You're gonna to grow a camel's hump if you keep drinking like that. Hmm..." Bleak devilishly grinned and retrieved a green colored bottle which she waved behind her shoulder for the boy to see. "How'z about something a tad stronger, hmm? I pinched it out of my parents' cellar. It's their prized wine! Taste bitter as hell, but it gives ya quite the buzz."

Shaking his hand vigorously behind his back side, Hobbs said, "N-no! No that you. I... m-my mom wouldn't like it. She doesn't even let my dad drink any alcohol."

"Your mom's such a killjoy!" Bleak took a sip out of the bottle and winced from the strong taste. "Mmm! You sure ya don't want just a drop? Your mom won't know. If you want, you can always lick it off my lips. I won't tell nobody." the girl made loud kissing noises and cackled.

Hobbs turned red in embarrassment. But thankfully he was facing away from Bleak so that she could not see how shy he was.

However, Bleak noticed the bashful boy wiggling in her arms. She shook her head happily and sighed, taking in the fresh air of the forest. So lovely.

"We'll keep going a few more miles then turn back," the girl promised. "I know those ape kidnappers are out here somewhere. Won't the village be surprised to see that the two of us scared them off?"