Chapter V: Tamales

A/n: No drawing for this part! So I searched in WikiHow on how to cook Tamales and used the procedures in this part. Correct me if the procedures were wrong! Anyways have fun reading!

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

No POV

Today was a fine afternoon and everyone gathered in the living room to watch a movie on the television. They played (favorite movie) which was (Y/n)'s favorite.
‎While watching, everyone heard a growl of hunger... Followed by another... And another... Miku paused the movie and sighed.
‎"I'm huuunnnggrryy!!!" Len groaned and rubbed his grumbling stomach.
‎"What should we eat?! Miguel, do you have any ideas?!" Meiko asked him.
‎"I'm not sure... Oh! How about Tamales!" Miguel extends out his forefinger and began to drool, imagining the hot Tamale entering his mouth.
‎"Tamales! That's sounds tasty!" Luka cheered. "(Y/n), will it be OK if you cook it for us?"
‎"Yes Ms. Luka!" (Y/n) showed a bright smile and bowed. "I'll help!" Miguel stood up and dragged (Y/n) to the kitchen.
‎"Sure! Just don't mess up the kitchen!" Luka said and Miku played the movie.

"So~ Let's get started!" (Y/n) streched out her arms. Miguel washed his hands and removed his jacket so the sleeves won't get in the way. (y/n) lent Miguel an apron and washed her hands as well.

Miguel POV
"Do you know how to cook Tamales?" I questioned, drying my hands on the apron she lent me.
"Si! I cook them most of the time and I get to share them with everyone! I already made some of it and stored it in the freezer... So I could simply get how much I want and steam it. Since there are 8 of us who's going to eat, looks like we'll take everything!" (Y/n) brought out a container which has the Tamales inside from the freezer. She then puts it on the counter and removed it's lid.
"Alright! First step is..." (Y/n) looked at me, raising an eyebrow and waiting for an answer. "Find a large lidded pot with a colander." I answered confidently.
‎"Nice!" She searched into a cabinet under the sink for the pot. Once she found what she wanted, (y/n) placed it on the stove. I filled the pot with water up to but not touching the colander. (Y/n) added in a dash of salt to the water. I picked up the Tamales from the container and stacked it on the colander, standing up, with the envelope side of the steaming tamales on the bottom and the open end facing the top. (Y/n) turned on the stove to high and brought the water to a boil. Once the water began to boil, she set down the heat to medium-low and I covered the pot with a large lid.
‎"Let's wait for it to steam for about-" "1 to 2 hours!" I cut her sentence. The two of us giggled and leaned on the wall.
  "Wow! I didn't know you can cook Tamales Miguel!" (Y/n) said impressed.
"Si! I cook some for my best friend..." I said and remembered back when we used to have picnics. I would cook and bring Tamales for her and she would compliment it... She also tells me they were the best thing she has eaten.
‎"Your best friend is really important to you." (Y/n) said using her soft voice.
"Yes... But the problem is... She forgot about me..." I looked at her sadly. The expression on (Y/n)'s face changed.
‎"Well uhh... This will take some time! They must be starving to death already! L-let's give them chips first!" (Y/n) said uncomfortably and reached for the chips in the cupboard then left the kitchen. I stood there, watching the steam rise up and disappear in midair. I thought to myself... 'Does she even want to remember me?' I just sighed and looked down... 'But I can't give up! I still want to be with her when I go back home!'
‎"Miguel!" (Y/n) called. "Si?" I looked at her. "Have some while we wait!" She handed me her bag of chips. "Gracias!" I took some and ate it.

TIMESKIP

It's been an hour. Everyone was complaining why it has to take so long. At least the Tamales are now cooked! (Y/n) gently took of the large lid and a mass amount of steam came out the pot. I can already smell the dish! It makes me drool.. I took the Tamales out using kitchen tongs and placed one each plate.
‎"This needs to cool down for 5 minutes." I said putting down the tongs. (Y/n) gave me a nod and hungrily stared at the dish. I chuckled, which made her blush a little.
‎"Why are you blushing?" I asked.
‎"Why are you staring at me?" (Y/n) shot back a question.
‎ "I-I'm not! You can't answer a question with another question you know!" Now it's my turn to blush. (Y/n) giggled and shrugged her shoulders. "I'll get some drinks." she said and walked to the fridge when suddenly, she tripped on her own foot and was about to hit the hard floor. My arms and feet suddenly moved on their own, catching (y/n) before she could even fall.
‎Both our eyes were locked with each other. Our face so close that the tips of our noses touch. I felt her warm cheeks infecting mine. My heart beating so fast I could not breath properly. I-I feel weird... My eyes went down on her lips... Without even thinking, I slowly leaned in as she did the same...

‎"OHHHHH~!!!!" My head shot up and saw Len having a weird smile plastered on his face. I helped (Y/n) stand up and we both looked at the yellow haired boy.
‎"No wonder you're taking a long time cooking!" He smirked.
‎"W-Wha??!! W-w-w-were just waiting for the Tamales to cool down!!" (Y/n) stuttered... Our faces turning red as a tomato.
‎"Hmmm.... Okay! By the way, Nice move Miguel!" Len yelled and went back to the living room. Silence surrounds the two of us and things became more awkward.

‎"M-Miguel?" (Y/n) broke the silence. "Hm?" I asked.

"Let's work on the Tamales now..." I gave her a nod and went to the counter where the Tamales are. We unwrapped them and added side-dishes.
‎"Aaaanndd there! All done!" (Y/n) wiped a sweat from her forehead and looked at me. I took some plates and brought them to the others, (Y/n) following behind.
‎"Yaaayyy!!! After so many years it's finally here!!" Miku shouts in joy. Kaito rubbed his hands together and licked his lips.
‎"Let's dig in!" Meiko said as everyone took their own spoons/forks.
‎"Mmm! It tastes amazing!" Rin stuffed more of the dish inside her mouth.
‎"But it's just the same like the last ones I cooked!" (Y/n) said, eating her own food. I did the same, stuffing in the Tamale... My eyes grew wide as the flavor satisfy my taste buds. The way (Y/n) cook Tamales is even better than mine! I-I have no idea...Just the thought of it brings a smile on my face.
‎"I still can't forget what I saw in the kitchen." Len smirked. Remembering what happened, my face turn red again. (Y/n) looked down on the floor, her blush as red as mine.‎
‎ "Why? What happened there?" Kaito asked, eating his last bite.
‎ "Should I tell?" Len's smirk widens as he looked at the two of us.
"N-No!" (Y/n) frowned, her face redder than before.
‎"Aww but why?" Len wined. (Y/n) looked away and huffed. I simply stared at them awkwardly...
‎"Fine!" Len crossed his arms against his chest.
‎"Anyways, we decided that instead of Miguel sleeping on the couch, he should sleep in your room (Y/n)!" Miku clapped her hands happily.
‎"W-What?! It's ok! I can sleep in the couch!" I said and shook my head.
‎"No Miguel! We won't allow guests sleeping on our couch!" Luka wiped her lips with a tissue.
‎"That means we'll sleep on the same bed?" (Y/n) tilt her head to the side.
‎"Yes! Your bed is big enough to fit the two of you!" Meiko stated.
‎"But-" "No buts!" When (Y/n) was about to protest, Luka cut her off.
‎"Fine..." (Y/n) heaved a sigh and looked at me. I looked back at her, smiling weirdly.

‎"And one last thing!" Luka stood up. "Tomorrow, we will go to the mall and go shopping for our costumes. We will leave the two of you here ok?"
‎"Ok." we simply said in unison.

Everyone finished eating. They were so full, some of them burped loudly.
‎"I should put this away." I volunteered and began to take the dirty dishes and glasses on the coffee table. I made sure that nothing was left and proceeded to the kitchen.

(Y/n) POV
‎I watched Miguel as he carry the dishes and enter the kitchen. Once he disappeared from my sight, I look back at everyone and they were already looking at me with smirks on their faces.

‎"W-What?" I asked nervously.
‎"Don't worry (Y/n)! We know it already!" Rin stated, setting aside the machine she was working on the whole time.
‎"Know...what?" I asked once more, feeling a drop of sweat run down my forehead.
‎"That you have a thing for Miguel!" Miku cupped her mouth using her hands and whispered. My heart began to pound like drums inside my chest. I felt my face heat up, turning more redder than roses.
‎"No I don't! W-Why would I?!" I half-yelled at them.
‎ "Aww C'mon! Look you're blushing!" Meiko pointed at me laughing at my face. I quickly hid my blush using my hands and thought to myself. Do I? Do I have a thing for him? Maybe I just think his cool and nothing more but my heart says something different... Should I just shrug it off?
‎"(Y/n) has a crush on Miguel!!" Miku yelled out loud. I tackled her and covered her mouth before Miguel could even hear.
‎"Be quiet!" I snapped and blushed more redder this time.
‎"Oh~! So it's true! You do have a crush on him!" Luka wiggled her eyebrows and grinned. She got a quick "NO!!" as response from me and I gave everyone an annoyed glare.
‎"MIGUEL AND (Y/N) SITTING ON A TREE K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!" Everyone sang which made me frown in embarrassment.
‎"STOOOPP!!!" I yelled with tears at the corners of my eyes while everyone looked at me, giggling.
‎"Cuuutteee!!!" Len yelled while pointing a finger at me. Everyone laughed uncontrollably that made me slap my face with my palm.

‎ "NUUUUUU~!!! (=゚Д゚=)"