Chapter X: Story time

No POV

Tonight was Miguel's 6th stay in the Vocaloid's residence. With every passing day, his fears about not going home with (y/n) because she can't remember him grew and it's bothering him. Although looking at the bright side, (y/n) can remember some of their memories together. It's something that gives Miguel more hope and to never give up on his best friend... He loves her after all.
"Miguel! Hello?! Earth to Miguel!!" (y/n) snapped her fingers in front of his face, tossing his mind back in his head.
"Oh... Lo siento! My mind was flying around!" Miguel released a chuckle and (y/n) sighed.
"Seems like it... Anyways, Rin wants to talk to you!" (y/n) then pulled Miguel's sleeve and dragged him towards the blonde's lab. They arrived there and slammed open the metal door, surprising the scientist inside.
"My goodness (y/n)! Knock!" Rin scolded. (y/n) giggled and bowed as an apology.
"So... What would you want to tell me, Rin?" Miguel walked towards her as she tidied up her coat.
"I assure you that tomorrow, at night perhaps, we will send you back home! At the exact time where you found the Time Leap! Everything will go back to normal and no one would even think that you're gone for a week!" She spreads her hands around and cheered. Miguel then flashed a smile and his heart danced in joy. He could finally see his family again! He could finally be with (y/n) again!
"Oh! Eso es genial! I can't wait! Muchos gracias Rin!" Miguel gave her a high five and left her lab to head back to (y/n)'s room.

"I'm finally going home! Everything's going back to normal!" Miguel hopped childishly around her room as (y/n) giggled and hopped with him to.
"I'm happy for you! You're going home!" As those words came out her lips, Miguel stopped jumping and looked at her sadly. Her expression change as she look back at him.
"Wait... Just me? You're not coming with me?" Miguel stated. "How can I? I don't belong there!" (y/n) replied back. Miguel looked down and thoughts came rushing in his mind.
'What's the purpose of going back to Santa Cecilia if (y/n)'s not with me. If only I could stay here but I have a family to go home to... I always dream of having my own family with her... Serenades, flowers, singing together, playing in the plaza, eating our favorite foods or simply just being together. All of that will simply fade away? I can't imagine myself living in a life without (y/n)... It feels like I'm incomplete and I'll never be happy again...' He squeezed his eyes shut, trying his best to not produce any tears.
'But... What's the point? It's not like she'll remember me in just a week. It takes months! And if I forced her to remember, then she might hurt her head... I... Should probably give up and... Make the most of my moments with her while I'm still here...' Miguel let out a very deep sigh and slowly opened his eyelids.
"I'm sorry if-" "It's alright! I accept that you can't come." Miguel didn't let her finish and quickly sat down on her bed. (y/n) followed and sat down beside him.
"C-Can I do something to cheer you up?" The (e/c) eyed girl ran her palm on his back to make him feel better.

"Sure... Can you listen to my story?"

"O...Okay..." (y/n) removed her hand from his back and took a pillow to place ontop of her lap.

"And can you... Believe in everything I will say?" Miguel looked at the girl with his sad brown eyes and the girl simply nodded at him.
"Good. Now, seat back and relax! I have a long story to tell" Miguel smirked.

"So... What's your story?"(y/n) questioned and rested her chin on her fist.
"Story of my life..." Miguel replied which made (y/n) feel excited.

"Once upon a time, there was a family living in Santa Cecilia, Mexico. All of the members there hate music!" Miguel started. "That's terrible!" (y/n) commented and Miguel gave her a nod.
"Well not really all of the members! There's this one boy in the family who loves music... That's me! The reason why is because of Ernesto dela cruz! But I try my best to hide myself from my family each time I play music so I keep my homemade guitar and my other music related stuffs in the attic."
"But that means you play for yourself?" (y/n) asked. "Kinda! I mean Dante, my dog, is the only one who listens to me play and my... My... Best friend...." (y/n) found a hint of sadness growing back in his eyes and so she thought of a way to cheer the boy up.
"Your best friend? You love her right? I believe she's happy everytime she hears you play!" (y/n) smiled. "Yeah she is... But those days will never return anymore because she can't remember me..." Miguel looked away from her. The (h/c) haired girl then felt her heart beating faster and her eyes grew wide as saucers.
"Anyways, I was shining shoes back then and a mariachi told me I should join the talent show held in the plaza on Dia de Muertos! My family, especially Abuelita, doesn't want me to go but my best friend, told me that this was my chance to prove to my family what I'm made of and she will be there to support me and so... I took my guitar and tried to sneak out of my house without my family noticing. But sadly, they saw me, broke my guitar and my other stuffs in the attic." Miguel said, keeping his eyes glued on the wall.
"But before that happened, I accidentally broke my mama Imelda's photo and found that my great great grandpa is Ernesto dela cruz since in the photo, his guitar was there. I took the photo and left to the cemetery to borrow my great great grandpa's guitar but... Once I did, I was cursed and I became an incomplete spirit!" Miguel exaggerated. "Woah! Part of me says it's terrible but the other one says it's kinda cool!" (y/n) gestured her two parts using her hands.
"I started seeing skeletons and I tried to find someone alive that can see me! Gladly, Dante can and so he lead me to my deceased family members, roaming around the cemetery. My family took me to the flower bridge and-" "Oooh! Oooh! You mean the one with orange petals?! Something similar to the staircase to heaven?" (y/n) interrupted. Miguel then chuckled and continued his story.
"We met mama Imelda in the Land of the dead and she tried to send me back home so I could put her picture back on the ofrenda. Luckily, she gave me her blessing and I went back home! But being the naughty boy I am, I took the guitar once more and returned to the Land of the Dead! My mama Imelda told me that there will be no more music! But I don't want that! So I ran away from them to seek for my great great grandpa. Dante then lead me to Hector, a guy who failed to cross the bridge!" Miguel said. "But why?" (y/n) asked.
  "No photo on the ofrenda, no crossing the bridge!" Miguel mimicked the guard's voice and laughed with (y/n). "Continuing, he painted my face using shoe polish so no one could notice that I was living. We made a deal that if he brings me to Ernesto, I will put his photo on my ofrenda and he could cross the bridge. Little did I know that my mama Imelda called out to her spirit animal, Pepita to come search for me. At the moment, I was about to perform in front of a crowd in a contest! Because if I won, I get to go to Ernesto's party! It was my first time performing and I was as nervous as you are! But Hector helped me out so I did a good job with it! But after performance, I saw my family roaming around and was looking for me so I left without Hector since I realized he only cared about himself..." "And then what happened?" (y/n) shifted closer to him.

"I finally made it to Ernesto's party but people won't let me through so I played the guitar I borrowed and sang a song! People's attention was on me now and they let me pass through. Sadly, I fell into a pool and Ernesto saved me! I told him we're family and he was about to give me a blessing when Hector came in and revealed  the truth that he wrote Ernesto's songs like Remember Me!  When Ernesto was exposed, he threw us in a sinkhole so we won't spread the truth! While we were in there, I figured out that Hector was my real great great grandpa and not Dela Cruz! But he was about to fade soon since Coco, her daughter and my mama is already forgetting him. Luckily, Mama Imelda took us out with the help of Dante and he became a spirit dog! We help Hector get his photo back from Ernesto and everyone knew the truth about him. Hector was about to fade away and I lost his photo. Mama Imelda allowed music finally and Hector gave me his blessing then I was sent home. I then ran to my Mama Coco and tried my best so she could remember him and I successfully did! From then on, music was allowed in our family and I became a musician! My best friend was so proud of me that she gave me the most warmest hug ever....
I wish I could do the same thing as I did to Mama Coco to you..." Miguel finished his story and sighed. (y/n) didn't reply and helped him stand up.
"You know... Your story is one of a kind... I mean who gets to go to the Land of the Dead and had the chance to meet your deceased family?! I wanna experience that to but I'm kinda scared and all that so I think I'm happy with my own life!" (y/n) giggled.
"I'm glad you believed in what I said!" Miguel stated.

"Miguel? (y/n)? Dinners ready!" Luka called out from down stairs.
"Hey! They're serving Tamales! Race you there!" (y/n) ran towards the dining room with Miguel following behind "Wait for me!" He said.

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

A/n: Eyy guys! Don't give up just yet! Endings about to come! Just keep holding on!