Chapter XI: Not the same without you

A/n: Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading this! Our little story will come to an end soon and I hope you enjoyed it! That's all I gotta say have fun reading~!!

(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

No POV

Sitting down (y/n)'s bed, Miguel took in a lungful of air and sighed very heavily. Tonight was the night where he will go home back to Santa Cecilia and his family. He was happy about it but the sadness that his best friend will not be there prevails more than that. He slowly insert his hand inside his red jacket's right pocket and took out a photo. It was an old black and white picture of (y/n) in a cute dress while hugging Miguel. He then blushed and raised the picture against his lips. He kissed the precious photo that holds their memory and then he stood up weakly on his feet. Miguel walked towards (y/n)'s study desk and placed the photo ontop of it. He also placed her pencil case on top of the picture so it won't fly away.
"Miguel? Are you in there?" (y/n) called out from outside her room. Miguel almost jumped at the sudden voice he heard and quickly responded.
"Uhh... Si! Why?" Miguel walked towards the door and opened it for the girl. She entered inside and let out a deep sigh just like Miguel's.
"Why are you sighing like that?" Miguel chuckled and ruffled her (h/c) locks.
"Nothing it's just... You're leaving tonight and I'm going to be bored from tomorrow and so on..." (y/n) looked down and played with her feet.
"You're bummed out really?" Miguel chuckled more, trying not to cry infront of her. She then raised her head and he saw the tears that welled up at the corners of her eyes. He heard her sniff and cry.
"H-hey! Don't cry!" Miguel pulled her into a tight hug as she hugged back while wetting his shirt with her warm tears. While (y/n)'s face was stuffed on his chest, Miguel rested his chin on her head and quietly let his tears fell... 'This is the last time I'm gonna hold you in my arms..' Miguel thought and he wiped away his tears before (y/n) could even see.
"I'm going to miss you so much..." (y/n) whispered, enough for Miguel to hear as she pulled away. "Yeah... Me to..." Miguel replied. Before the two of them could even say another word, Rin appeared at the door, wearing her lab coat.
"(y/n)? Miguel? Sorry for ruining your moment here but... Miguel... It's time to go home..." Rin smiled sadly at the two of them. Miguel nodded as he held (y/n)'s hand and followed Rin to the living room.

The Time Leap that was now fixed was placed on the table and the Vocaloids  surround it. Miguel, (y/n) and Rin walked towards the machine and they all looked sadly at Miguel.
"Hey uhh... It was nice meeting you Miguel... Always remember us when you get back OK?" Luka smiled at him while she held her hands together.
  "Yeah... We will miss you alot!" Meiko said after Luka.
  "Take good care of yourself OK?" Miku advised him. "And your family... Take good care of them to." Kaito added.
  "It was fun Miguel... We'll see you soon dude.." Len waved him a goodbye.
  "We'll visit you if we can OK?" Rin giggled as she took a step backward. "Now... Just press the button, and you'll go back home..." Rin said. Miguel took a deep breath and looked at everyone. His eyes landed on the (e/c) eyed girl and he showed her a sad smile.
"Are you really sure you can't remember me?" Miguel finally asked her. She miserably shook her head a no and earned a heavy breath from the boy.
"Oh... Alright then..." Miguel whispered with a hoarse voice. "Goodbye Miguel..." (y/n) starts to cry again. "Goodbye everyone..." He looked at the Vocaloids and back to (y/n). "Goodbye... Mi amor..." As he said that, he kissed her on the cheek and slammed his hand on the button. A bright white light covered his vision and the same feeling from before returned when the first time he saw the Time Leap. Being thrown to a new place...

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The male opened his eyes and the sun shone through (y/n)'s window. He quickly stood up and let his eyes roam around his surrounding.
"I'm back home..." Miguel fell on his knees and cried... "It's just not the same without you (y/n)..." He whispered to himself.

TIMESKIP

Miguel walked back home with his papa Hector's guitar and was greeted by his Abuelita.
"What happened to you mijo? You returned so quickly..." She stopped brooming and looked at his grandson.
"Nothing Abuelita... I just need some rest." Miguel then ran to his room and locked the door.
"What's wrong with that boy?" Abuelita shook her head and continued sweeping.

Miguel dropped the guitar on the floor and he hopped on his bed.
"I miss her already..." He cried on his pillow and spent the rest of his day doing that.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

(y/n) looked at the machine where Miguel was standing a while ago. 'Mi amor? He loves me? I thought he loves his best friend? But what if I am his best friend and he was the boy in my memories? Why can't I remember anything clearly?!' So many questions clouded her head that it started hurting.
"(y/n)? Are you alright?" Len asked the girl while tapping her shoulder.
"What if I'm the best friend Miguel was looking for?" (y/n) immediately asked him.
"We thought so to! I mean you suddenly appeared in our room and claimed that you were hired as a maid here so..." Len crossed his arms while looking straight at her (e/c) orbs.
"Yeah... And when Miguel came here, he quickly recognized you as his best friend and he was sure of it but..." Miku added and placed her hands on her hips.
"Can it be? That you Time Leaped here without as knowing and the machine affected your past memories?" Kaito questioned.
"Well, I think this machine affects her memory by the way it travels her through time." Rin placed one hand on her hip and the other on her chin while looking on the machine.
"How?" Meiko asked. "If (y/n) travels to the future, she forgets her past memories and when she travels to the past, she forgets the things she did in the future..." Rin explained while examining her machine more.
"If that's so, I'm Miguel's best friend but I forgot about it as I Time Leaped here?" (y/n) asked. Although everything was explained clearly, she still can't remember if he was really her best friend or if she really time travelled here.
"Possible... There might be some clues in your room that you brought here with you can you check it out?" Rin answered and picked up the Time Leap. (y/n) simply nodded and she ran upstairs towards her room. She then checked inside her closet and on her bed but nothing there helped her remember something.
"I haven't checked the study table yet..." (y/n) walked towards her study table and noticed that her pencil case was misplaced. She picked it up and was about to put it back when she saw what is underneath. Her eyes widen and her hand dropped the pencil case that now scattered the pencils on the floor...
"This is..."

(๑و•̀ω•́)و (๑و•̀ω•́)و (๑و•̀ω•́)و (๑و•̀ω•́)و 

A/n: BAM!! Hate cliffhangers? Yeah me to but I'll promise to update soon (I think heheh) I think the next chapter will be the last so... See you next chapter!