Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

*Unknown*

“I trust you not to screw this up; you did well the first time. You seem to be horrible at this task though.” Harmony shrieked, and I stiffened.

“I understand.” I said softly.

“You need to be precise, sneak and perfect for this to work. Don’t fail me.”

“Yes, Harmony.”

*Liam Payne*

After was finished with my melt down I let common sense slide back into me. I wasn’t assuming anything. Yeah sure maybe in that split second, but not now. I was going to confront Niall. It was a good thing we all had a key to each other’s apartments, and when I slid in Niall wasn’t home yet.

His luggage was scattered around the floor of the kitchen, so he’d been home. Probably hanging out with Harry, I twisted my face at the thought. Taking a seat at the kitchen bench, I patiently waited. Nothing was really on the bench apart from a pen and a leather diary. A leather diary.

Niall could come home at any second, but deciding I’d take my chances I grabbed the diary, opening it up to some of the recent pages. There weren’t many entries it looked like it had only been started recently? My Grandma once told me that people often start diaries when an event that changed their lives completely happens, that or they wanted someone to find it.

But as I read the pages I felt my heart completely drop.

*Niall Horan*

Walking back into my room, I felt exhausted. Harry had told me all the events with Louis that had occurred and why Lou left. Honestly I didn’t want to believe that Louis could be so horrible, but it’s all I could believe now. Flicking on the lights I turned the corner, letting my eyes adjust to the light.

“Dear Journal,” Liam sat on one of the stools in the kitchen a leather diary in his hands, one that seemed so foreign to me. I assumed he was reading what was written. Tears were pouring down his beautiful face, and all I wanted to do was to reach out and to wipe them away. “Every single day since Liam took my words the wrong way. The day my frustration- frustration because I knew Harry didn’t love me the way I did. The day Liam Payne read into the words ‘the man I love’ too much. His longing for me was annoying me, so much that I knew I now had to accept it. Maybe it would make Harry jealous. I could eventually tell Harry how I’d done everything for him, including sacrificing my happiness to get him jealous. Maybe then Harry would finally love me. Maybe… Till now I’d just pretend Liam was Haz. Yours sincerely, Niall James Horan.”

“I didn’t write that.” I said instantly, Liam’s eyes narrowed until they seemed almost emotionless.

“It had YOUR handwriting, Niall.” He growled, slamming the diary on the desk. “It doesn’t surprise me, either! I saw you getting a ride with Harry, even though I’d been waiting an hour for you to give you a lift!”

“Give me that,” I snapped, snatching it off the table. He was right; it was in my hand writing. The words jumped at me, as I quickly scanned each page. “I’ve never seen this, Liam! You have to believe me. I love you.”

Liam ran his hands through his hair, he was tense and annoyed. “Right now… I don’t think I can.”

Then he left. I just didn’t understand. What was going on? Why is this all happening? I needed to talk to someone. Normally I would go to Louis or Zayn but Zayn wasn’t flying in until tomorrow, and Louis was M.I.A.

I grabbed the diary and walked down to Harry’s. Barging the door opened, I quickly waltzed into the lounge room. Harry was cradling his head in his hands, crying. “Harry…” Suddenly memories from the afternoon flashed back to me.  “I know this isn’t the best time, but I need to look at Louis’s diary. Now, it’s urgent.”

Harry removed on hand from his head to look at me and nodded. “It’s on the bench.” Quickly grabbing it, I sat down next to Harry on the couch.

“What’s that?” Harry asked gesturing to ‘my’ diary.

I gulped, “Apparently it’s my diary.”

Harry shut up as I opened both of the books, looking for any slight similarities. Then I noticed it. Both the books were in our perfect handwriting. One would have to spend a lot of time with us to know it, but there was one thing that was different. One thing Louis and I both didn’t do. It was the full stop. Instead of it being a nice simple dot, it was more of a round circle. I only knew one person that did that.

On person who’d been in on all of this since the very start. Actually now I think about it, he was the one that brought all of this up to begin with.

*Unknown*

“I told you, I could do it Harmony.” I growled at her, and she gave me a delicate smile.

“I never said you couldn’t.” she said sweetly kissing my neck.

“You implied it.” Annoyance seeped through my tone.

She then sat up and look me dead in the eye, “Well then I’m sorry, Zayn.”