15 { We'll meet Again }

HEY MY DUDES ITS THE FINAL CHAPTER!!

3rd Person ———

Summer was at a end. It was the final day, parents were arriving in the evening to pick their kids up while some campers were excited and some sad. Including Y/N.

She was in her room currently, thinking about the crazy summer she had, all her friends, adventures, all of it. The girl never really realized how much she loved the camp.
Oh, she'll miss it for sure.

'I wonder if anyone from camp's going to the same school as me..'

She felt upset, knowing the reality. Everyone at camp was either younger than her or way older.
And some kids didn't act like where she was from.
So, what should she do? There can't be much else except..

"I'll go back to camp!" She said aloud, excited. Y/N covered her mouth in embarrassment and laughed how dumb she sounded.

'What do David and Gwen even do when camp isn't in session?'

Y/N imagined Gwen working at a crappy McDonalds, being grumpy as hell and running around saying "Get your shit together people!" And continuing to screech.
Then there was David. It was a stretch, but she imagined him as a substitute teacher. A more realistic idea came to mind though; him being a park ranger.

'Oh my god! What if he was a park ranger with Evan? That'd be so cool!'

Her thoughts were cut off by David hollering into the intercom to come to the mess haul for food.
She got up, sighing. This'll probably be the last time since it's the late afternoon, 6:00pm to be exact.

The mess haul was filled with chatter as always, David smiling and observing the children, and Gwen reading one of her trash magazines on the side.
The (h/c) girl grabbed her food and sat down with the three musketeers.

"So what's everyone doing after camps out?" She asked.

"I'll go back to my mom and probably go to some public school and play sports!" Nikki said, inhaling her food.
Neil simply shrugged. "Kinda like Nikki. I'll be going in between my parents homes and going to school and doing science and chemistry related activities." Neil explained while slowly taking a bite of grub and immediately choking.
Max stayed silent.
"Max?" Y/N asked, "whatcha going to do?"
He looked at the three next and in front of him and sighed while stabbing his food.
"Doesn't matter, probably gunna be shitty as always."

"Aw cmon it can't be that bad." Y/N tried cheering him up. She was about to go on but the doors opened to show Evelyn walk into the place.
She looked blue, which was understandable. Y/N got up while Max growled but she put her hand on his shoulder before walking over to her.

"Hey Evelyn, not ready to go home either?" Y/N said.
Evelyn sadly sighed, kinda like Max. "Not really."
"Care to explain?"
"Well.. my parents are extremely religious. They always pray everyday at church. Not just on Sundays. I don't get why though, they always say that pop music is satanic and other bull." Evelyn said. "I'm really sick of it."

Y/N gave her a side hug.

"It'll be alright, chill. And you can always come back here next summer." Y/N half smiled.

A small smiles spread across Evelyn's face.
"Yeah, I guess."

~

David and Gwen told everyone after dinner to head to their tents and start packing up their bags before their parents got there. Y/N was currently packing up all her clothes and folding them, knowing her mom wouldn't want her to just throw them in messily like she normally did.
Evelyn already packed so she was at the entrance where we would be packed up with other kids.
Neil and Nikki were still packing in their tents and Max was nowhere to be seen. But nobody really worried since they knew he wanted to escape this hell hole the minute he got there.

Y/N zipped up her suitcase, grabbed her sketchbook and held it in her hand and looked around at the tent. She'd spent a lot of time there, even if it was only two months. She was going to miss it.

Nothing of hers was left, so with that, she got out of the tent, zipping it up as she left. The camp looked so empty since by now everyone was being picked up or still waiting.
The girl walked over to the entrance and saw everyone ready to go, Max now next to David with his classic grumpy face. She walked over to him.

"Hey." She said.
"Hey." He said back.
"Ready to leave this 'god forsaken hell hole'?" She quoted Max's words making him smirk.

"Kinda surprisingly, for being a dump."
"Well don't worry." Y/N heard a car honk, her parents arrived.
"We'll meet again." She felt herself crying now. Out of instinct, she quickly hugged him before turning around.

She gave hugs to Nikki and Neil and put her stuff in the trunk of the car before returning to Max one final time and giving him one final hug.
"See you next summer." She weakly smiled.
Max sniffed but kept in his tears. "See ya."
She paused before giving him a quick kiss on the cheek, a goodbye for David and Gwen and a hop into the car.

"Bye!" The door closed.

Summers over. Time to come back next year!

The End!

A/N ———
It's finally over! I'm proud of this book, minus the A/Ns I did. I felt like I rushed the ending but I hope you enjoyed. I don't know if I'll do a sequel but I might since season 3 is coming out for me next friday. And I'll come out with one final update for a new story I'm doing. And it'll be a original one too.
Once more, I hoped you enjoyed this book!
Campe Diem!
~

Word Count - 1000