Chapter 4.

Written by @xSnowKiss

• Carter •

I woke up the next morning buried in the bed sheets instead of Justin's arms. Yawning, I sit up and glance around the room for my husband.

Justin's sitting on the red couch in front of the bed, his eyes staring into absolutely nothing. His seems so lost in thought that I'm almost afraid to interrupt him.

"Justin?" My morning voice is weak therefore I didn't think he had heard me.

"Hey," His voice almost surprises me. "You're up." Justin stands up and makes his way over to me, leaning down to give me a quick, but passionate kiss.

"Morning." I smile, pulling him closer. Receiving the message, Justin slides in next to me and pulls me on to his chest.

The silence between us is almost calming. Almost. Something doesn't feel quite right.

"Do you love me , Carter?" Justin blurts, his voice and question both surprising me.

"What?" I struggle to find my words. "Justin, why would you ask that? I love you with every inch of my heart and more. You know that."

Sighing, Justin rests his chin on my head. "I just feel like, like..." He hesitates. "Like you don't want to have sex with me. I mean, I'm not pressuring you. I just... I want to know why you completely blew me off last night."

Sucking in a deep breath, I carefully choose my words. "It's not that I don't want to have sex with you, Justin. I just... I don't feel like I'm ready quite yet. It'll be my first time and I'm honestly a little scared."

Justin heaves a sigh of relief, finding my hand and squeezing it. "It'll be my first time too."

That stuns me. I'm not sure why, but it does. "What about all those girls before I met you? The ones at the club? Jasmine, Selena...?"

"It never happened." Justin admits. "Not once. They would wake up drunk and assume things but all we really did was make out." He chuckles. "It was just making out but I regret it. It was wrong. I was wrong. I was different then..."

"You were never different."

"What do you mean?

"You're Justin. No one else. You always have been. You just refused to act like it before I met you."

"Then I'm glad I met you." Justin kisses the top of my head. "You're the reason I believe in love again."

"You're the reason I believe in hope," I tell him. "The reason that proved love exists and the reason that has made me happy even through dark times."

"I love you." Justin whispers and quickly pauses. "Wait, what time is it?"

Laughing, I glance at the clock hanging on the wall. "5 till 10. Why?"

"Shit!" Justin curses, jumping off the bed. "We're going to be late!"

"Late where?!"

"You'll see. Just get dressed!"

• • •

"I'm getting sick of this blindfold," I protest as Justin helps me out of what I assumed was a taxi. "Can I take it off?"

"No way!" Justin scoops me up into his arms and I squeal. "I'l carry you if I have too."

"Jerk."

"Is that a good thing?"

"No."

"Ouch."

I chuckle and pucker my lips hoping Justin would see them. It's not long before his lips quickly find mine.

"I was only kidding." I tell him. "You're not a jerk. And If you were, you'd be my jerk."

"I might like-" Justin begins to say but is cut off. Suddenly, I'm no longer in his arms. Instead, I'm lying in what felt like a pile of sand, Justin on top of me. I frown.

"Clumsy, much?" I tease.

"I blame you." Justin jokes and I feel his lip quickly find mine. He kisses me deeply for a while before I start to question where we are.

"Wait, Justin?" I blurt and he pulls away. "Where are we?"

Chuckling, Justin stands up and helps me to my feet. "See for yourself." I feel Justin untie my blindfold. My vision is blurry for a whole but after a lot of blinking, it clears. The sight before me makes me gasp.

"Justin, this beautiful !" I'm standing in front of a clear ocean. The waves crashed down on the shore and sunrise peered back at us. I wiggle off my sandals and let my feet sink into the sand, a nice feeling of relaxation coming over me. The best part? The only people around were Justin and I.

"I thought you'd like it." Justin smiles and wraps his arms around my waist, resting his chin on my shoulder.

A light bulb appears over my heard as I smile mischievously. "Is the water cold?" I ask Justin.

"I'm not really sure-" He begins to say but doesn't get to finish. I've already untangled myself from his arms and am running towards the crashing waves, the wind blowing through my hair.

"Carter!" Justin yells, now running after me. "You're crazy! That water could be freezing!"

I ignore him as I feel the salt water touch my toes. It surprisingly warm. We are in the Bahamas after all. Without worrying about my clothes, I splash into the waves, twirling and smiling and enjoying the moment.

"You're definitely crazy!" Justin exclaims and I feel his arms find my waist, pushing me over as we both go crashing into the water below.

Laughing, I get back on my feet and splash some water in Justin's direction.

"You're crazy." Justin repeats, taking my waist and pulling me closer. "You're crazy but I love you."

I giggle as Justin's lips find mine. He tasted like salt water and seaweed. But I loved it. I loved every bit of it and if I could photograph this moment, I would. It was absolutely perfect.