Chapter 9.

Written by @xSnowKiss

• Carter •

When I woke up the next morning, it was noon. I was wrapped tightly in Justin's arms, my naked body against his. After last night, I'm not surprised we slept in. The sun shone in through the windows, making it the perfect morning at our new house, erm, castle. I smile to myself. It almost seemed too good to be true. I cuddle closer to Justin, breathing in his scent. He smiled slightly of chlorine from the pool. The odd part was that I loved it. I press my lips against his neck, leaving a trail of kisses up to his jawline. I felt him shudder against me as he slept on, his arms tightening around me just a bit. He was...beautiful. The way his chest rose and fell. The way his eyelids fluttered, his lips slightly parted. Everything about him was perfection.

Giving his lips a quick peck, I gently slide out of his arms. I manage to throw my legs off the bed and tiptoe into the bathroom without waking him up. Softly closing the door behind me, I head over and turn on the shower, stepping inside.

-Justin-

I pretended to sleep, holding in every moan that would try to escape whenever Carter's lips touched my neck. I felt her lips meet mine for mere second before she slides off the bed, leaving me there. I peek through my eyelids, smirking to myself as her naked body disappeared into the bathroom. I don't think I've ever loved anyone as much as I loved her.

I lift myself into a sitting position, keeping the covers on me as I placed my hands behind my head and leaned back. I hear the shower go on and I just continue to sit there, thoughts consuming me. Carter would be going to dinner with Beth tonight. Not being invited, I had the pleasure of staying home. I disliked Beth. I don't what it is about her but I disliked her. Possibly even hated but that would just make me seem like a jerk, so I'll just stick with dislike.

A few more minutes dragged on until I final heard the shower go off. Took her long enough, I think to myself. A smile absentmindedly erupts on my face and I find myself grinning like a fool. It made me wonder if any other guys were affected like this when it came to the girl they loved. I know I am and will continue to be affected by Carter in every single way possible. Who knew I could someone so much? It seemed to surreal. Yet here I was, married to the most beautiful girl on the planet that i love with every ounce of my being. Am I exaggerating? Nah. It's true. It's all true and it couldn't be truer. Carter was whole world. My whole solar system. My whole galaxy. My whole-

"Justin?" Her voice breaks me out of my thoughts, startled. I look up, trying to smile but then realizing I'd been smiling already. Carter's just standing there, a towel wrapped around her body as she states at me curiously.

"I come out of the shower to find you smiling foolishly to yourself." Carter chuckles. "What's on your mind?"

I wiggle my eyebrows in her direction as I slide to the edge of the bed. "You." I tell her, continuing to smile as I stand up. Carter's eyes snap away from me, awkwardly glancing down at her toes as her cheeks heat up. Was it something I.... I don't get to finish the thought because I already know.

I'm naked.

I'll never understand that about Carter. She always blushes and gets awkward whenever she sees me naked. It's not like she hasn't before. Ever since the Bahamas, we've seen each other numerous of times. Maybe it's just a girl thing.

To keep her from feeling uncomfortable, I pry open one of the dressed drawers and pull out a pair of plaid boxers, slipping them on. I look back up at Carter. She's watching me now, the blush still lingering on her cheeks but all the awkwardness gone. As I walk over to her, she clutches her towel closer to her chest.

"How did you sleep?" I ask, pressing my lips to her forehead.

"Great." She says almost instantly. I smirk, leaving a trail of kisses down to her neck. She shudders, her free arm wrapping itself around my neck.

"You smell good." I mumble, nuzzling her neck as my arms fell on her waist, holding her to me.

“Maybe that’s because I showered.” She giggles, tilting her head as I continued to nip at her neck. She moans, her other hand moving to wrap around my neck as well. She’s no longer holding her towel. It’s still around her, but loose. I place my hands on her waist, feeling the towel loosen even more.

“I should have joined you.” I whisper in her ear before pressing my lips against her cheek. I feel her cheeks warm up, her fingers tangling themselves into my messy hair only to mess it up even more. God, she was amazing. Every little thing she did and every time her skin touch mine I felt as if I was being lifted off my feet and flown to another world. Our world. It was only us and no one else. No one could break us apart and nothing can get between us. These feelings, this love… It’s too strong.

“Justin…” Carter moans, her hand finding my chest as she gently pushes me away. Our bodies were still close, very close… I rested my forehead against hers.

“Mm?”

“What’s for breakfast?” She asks, a cheeky smile on her face.

I chuckle, pecking her lips lightly. “What is it you want?”

“Anything.” She shrugs, still smiling at me. “Cereal? Is there cereal?”

“Captain Crunch.” I inform him, grinning proudly at myself.  I’d make sure to get Beth and my mom to buy food to put in the cabinets and fridge. No doubt my mother had bought Captain Crunch. That’s probably the only cereal I ever ate. Hopefully Carter liked it as well.

“Yum.” She approves, pulling away from me and repositioning the towel around her body. I stare at her, trying not to frown at the fact the towel managed to remain on her body the whole time.

“Tonight’s your dinner with Beth.” I remind her, no visible emotion showing on my face. I didn’t want to tell Carter I disliked her. She was Marci’s friend and I’m sure Carter respected that. Maybe I should too, but I just can’t help but feel uneasy.

“Yep.” Carter chirps, going over to dig in the drawers for clothes. “Kinda nervous. Not sure to expect, ya know? What if she’s like my Aunt’s long lost sister of something?” Even though it was obviously a joke, Carter chuckles nervously. “What do you think?”

“I think,” I begin to say as I walk over and close the drawer for her. “That it’ll be just fine.”