Chapter 15.

I looked down at Carter's sleeping face. It was the cutest thing. Her face was scrunched up to the tip of her nose, eyebrows furrowed together and a light blush was dancing on her cheeks.

Carter had never looked so gorgeous, so innocent, so- mine. She was mine and no one else's right? I mean, we are married; joined together by a piece of paper and two rings.

Marriage is more than that.  You're bonded to the person you want to spend the rest of your life with by so much more than what the law says. It’s what your heart says; not a piece of paper. At least that's what I thought.

I leaned down and placed a soft kiss on her gorgeous pink, plump lips.

"I love you." I whispered, our lips barely touching.

She tightened her grip around my waist, an 'I love you too' was barely audible as she pressed her lips into mine and kissed me again. It was my favorite way to start off the morning, arms wrapped tightly around each other, lips pressed together, and nothing separating us but a thin bed sheet. Perfect.

As we pulled away from the kiss, a firm smile grew on my face. "I'll be right back, babe."

Carter nodded sleepily and rolled bag over onto her side of the bed. I, on the other hand, swung my legs over the side of it and cringed as my bare feet touched the cool marble floor, sending shivers up my spine. Not the good ones either.

After pulling on a pair of sweatpants and sauntering downstairs, I pulled the egg carton out of the fridge. Along with 8 pieces of bacon, 2 slice of toast and a huge jar of Nutella.

"I love that sound." I said to nobody as a piece of bacon sizzled against the hot skillet. It was a peaceful feeling being in the kitchen; it had the calming affect that soothed my mind, relaxed my body, and made me smile.  Odd to think of myself in a kitchen scenario, but it was a hobby and I have become quite good at it, if I do say so myself.

When the bacon finished cooking, I placed the pieces of hot pig on six paper towels, allowing the grease to drain. Then I cracked three eggs into the same pan, using a fork to scramble the baby chickens along with the yummy bits of bacon stuck to the bottom of the pan.

I placed the tray onto the night stand beside the bed. "Carter…"

No reply. She had fallen asleep again! Really? I haven’t been gone 45 minutes and she fell asleep again! Lazy bum!

A groan came from the heap of white sheets. "W-what?"

"I made you break-y. Now wakey wakey!" I giggled -yes giggled- reached down and placing a wet kiss onto her forehead.

Her body stirred around a bit. "F-foooodddd?"

I smiled, looking into her half lidded eyes. "Yes, f-fooooooood!"

Her eyes shot open almost immediately, revealing two bright blue orbs.

"It's good to see you’re up and moving." I smiled, grabbing the tray and placing it over her lap. And might I say her face has never been brighter in the morning. A smile was stretched across her face and those gorgeous blue eyes were twinkling like a little kid on Christmas. It was a sight to see.

She picked up the fork and poked a piece of egg, placing it into her mouth and chewing. "Why didn't you tell me you could cook, Justin?"

A sigh escaped my lips. "Well, because it was always something me and -" Carter's phone went off, interrupting my words.

She brought it to her ear. “Hello?" Another piece of egg was lifted to her perfect pink lips before she spoke again.

"Oh, hey, Mark! Yeah, I'm fine. Justin made me breakfast!" She gave me a warm smile. It made me feel all giddy and bubbly on the inside. I felt like I was thirteen again.