Chapter 13.

Written by @SmileyXBooX

-Carter-

“Oh come on Cale try it on!” Selena begged her boyfriend. 

“No, I am not putting on a dress!” Cale argued back as I stood there watching the whole thing unfold ridiculously. I missed my friend’s crazy antics. 

Selena stuck out her bottom lip and pouted, “C’mon Cale! For me?” Cue the puppy dog eyes. 

He huffed, crossing his arms tightly across his chest, “Really Sel? The puppy dog face? Fine. Pick one.” 

“Yes!” Selena high fived me and we took off through the dress store looking for the right dress to put Cale in. 

“What color?” I heard her voice call out a few rows over. 

I called back to her, “Purple! Ohhh! Or green!” I chuckled to myself lightly as I shuffled through hundreds of dresses. Some were actually really cute, but some looked like those articles of clothing that are never discussed in public, except in full-page, illustrated ads if you get what I mean. 

A chuckle escaped my lips at my stupid banter. 

My mind slowly but surely transitioned to Justin. I hoped he was doing well with the album and all. When he left this morning he seemed to be completely fine though. I hadn’t thought about college, or even a steady career. I’ve been pouring everything I had into my relationship with Justin, but was it the right choice? Was Beth right? 

Selena’s laughing interrupted my thoughts; I looked over to see her walking down the aisle with a bright green, floor length dress in her arms.

“I found one.”

A smiled played on my lips. “I see. He looks good in green. Brings out his eyes!”

We chuckled together as we looked through the last rack of dresses. Cale made his way to use and shrieked at the sight of the dress in Selena’s arms.

“THAT LOOKS LIKE SOMEHTING THAT SHOULD COME OUT OF MY NOSE!!”  

Selena looked at me and then back at Cale. “If something THAT color comes out of YOUR nose you have serious health issues, bro.” 

We all laughed at her comment and I finally found a dress that Cale could squeeze into. “This…”

 “That’s actually very cute, but I don’t think I can squeeze my big boobs into that dress!” He joked, holding his pecks in his hands. “I’m not sure they will fit.” 

“Just shut up and put them on!” We handed him the two dresses hand ushered him into the dressing room, taking a seat on a couple of chairs outside. 

“So how has Justin been doing?” Selena asked, trying to break the silence.

I smiled at the thought of him, “He’s great actually! He’s in the studio today. Fans thought he was more focused on his marriage than his career so Scooter called him in.” 

“Oh, well that’s cool. I did notice a few ‘Beliebers’ starting to hate the marriage because they thought you were taking Justin from them.” She said leaning back on her seat. 

Air quotes around Beliebers. I believe if you’re going to question someone’s love for someone else then you don’t care about them at all. You’re just another bandwagon fan that follows the newest trends.  

A sigh escaped my lips. “Well, there are people out there that believe we are too young. But if we love each other then why should we care about what other people say? People that hate me don’t care about Justin.”