Chapter 8.

Written by @xSnowKiss

• Carter •

"Justin, this is incredible!" I exclaim once we step into the house. If the outside looked like a castle, I'm not even going to bother describing how gorgeous it was inside. The first thing that caught my eye was the spiral staircase. I've never climbed one and the thought of doing so for the rest of my life made me feel like a princess.

"I'm so glad you like it," He says. "The staircase was the main reason I chose this place. It just spoke to me."

I give his hand a squeeze, pulling him towards the stairs. "Where does it go too?"

Justin grins. "Our bedroom." He tugs on my hand. "C'mon. I'll race ya."

I can't help but giggle as Justin lets to of my hand and starts running up the stairs. I follow, trying not to trip but also admiring my surroundings.

Justin stops midway, turning around and causing me to almost run into him. Before I can speak, his hands are holding my waist and he's pushing my against the wall, his lips meeting mine.

I kiss him back, having to restrain from continuously giggling. Grinning, Justin pulls away and takes my hand, leading my higher up. As reach the top, he leans down to kiss me again, making it last.

"Shh." He orders. I throw him a questioning look because I hadn't been talking to begin with. Answering my question, Justin scoops me up into his arms and leads me into the bedroom. All I can do is laugh as he plops me down on the bed, falling on top of me.

"This is just a tad bit cheesy." I whisper, pushing his hair to the side.

"Is that a bad thing?" He asks, leaning down and begging for a kiss.

"Not at all." I admit, pulling him closer so that our lips met for the third time. I don't even bother looking around the room, already knowing the castle-like qualities it possessed. I simply allow Justin to continue kissing me, my hands tugging at his shirt. Taking the hint, he rips it off, throwing it aside and returning his lips to mine. I can barely breath as his hands slither beneath my shirt. We've done this so many times and yet I can't seem to get used to it. It just becomes more and more amazing each time.

As Justin manages to pull my shirt off and throw it over with his, the sound of someone clearing their throat causes us to break apart.

My head snaps up and I feel my cheeks go red when I notice who's standing there. It's Beth, the lady Aunt Marci had introduced me to at the wedding. So many questions suddenly began to run through my head, like how she'd gotten in, why was she in LA, and why was she here.

My eyes flicker to Justin who doesn't seem very comfortable either. Neither of us say anything, waiting for Beth to speak first.

"Um," She clears her throat again. "I didn't mean to, uh, interrupt. I rung the doorbell many times and no one answered. I decided to just go on in. I'm, um, sorry."

"Oh, it's, uh, ok." I reach for my shirt. "I'll just-"

Beth cuts me off. "I just wanted to ask you if you wanted to join me for dinner tomorrow. I mean, only of you want."

I hesitate but decide not to be rude. She had already caught me at a wrong time. "Sure. Sure, sounds good."

"Ok." She nods. "I'll see you tomorrow then. Looking forward to it." She flashes me a smile before moving towards the door. "You guys have...fun." The door closes behind her.

I turn to look at Justin, a puzzled look on my face. "What was that all about?"

Justin shrugs. "Beats me. Looks like you have a dinner date tomorrow night."