Chapter 10.

Written by @xSnowKiss

"Have fun." Justin pecks my lips, his hand resting on my back as he does so.

"I'll try." I smile faintly, giving him a quick hug. I was a little nervous about dinner with Beth. I barely knew her and I had no idea if anyone was else was going to be here. Overall, I didn't know what to expect. I kind of wish she'd invited Justin. I needed him with me. I wonder why she didn't...?

"If anything, call me." Justin kisses the top of my head before I step off the porch.

"I will." I promise him, blowing him one last kiss before turning away and walking towards Beth's car. She had offered to pick me up and I agreed to it. Mostly because Justin encouraged it. It was odd to see him encourage such thing considering he doesn't seem to like Beth. Even though he doesn't say so, the look on his face speaks millions.

"Hey, Sweetheart!" Beth exclaims as I climb into the passenger seat. Her mood makes me cringe. Why is she so happy?

"Hey." I force a smile, my eyes flickering over to the doorway where Justin stood. He waves at me and I wave back, already missing him. It was just dinner. It was just one afternoon. Beth hasn't even pulled out of the driveway and I'm already craving to feel Justin's arms around me and his lips upon mine. What would happen when he has to go on tour? What about if he has an interview or an event that's out of state? My heart isn't ready. I didn't realize it as much as I did now. Being away from Justin, even for a short time, was maddening.

"Out of all the boys you could have married, you chose an international singing sensation." Beth makes a tsk-tsk sound. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean there's bound to be drama." She shakes her head sadly. "Lots of it. All Hollywood marriages end in divorce."

"This one's different." I defend, slightly annoyed at her choice of topic.

"That's what they always say, dear." She shoots me a half-smile before returning her attention to the road. "Steve and Mark will be meeting us in Carrabba's. Ever been to Carrabba's?"

I shake my head, pursing my lips at her quick change of subject.

"It's delicious." She continues. "They serve the best Italian food in my opinion. You should order the Chicken Parmesan. It's their best."

"I'll consider it." I reply, not paying much attention to her words. I stare out the car window as Beth keeps talking, my mind wandering. Why does she want me to have dinner with her and her family? Was she related to Aunt Marci somehow? Why does she not like Justin? I mean, she hasn't said she doesn't like him. She just makes it pretty obvious. Questions run through my head and I wonder if I'll get an answer.

"You're not big on words, are you?" Beth's voice breaks me out of my thoughts. "That needs to change tonight. I'd love to get to know you. Marci has told me lots."

"Really." I say simply, curious as to what Aunt Marci could have possibly shared with this woman.