Chapter VIII: Because We're Friends

Sorry for the wait guys! Anyway, here's the latest chapter. I dedicate this to my beloved sister-at-heart, BlueSapphireRose07. Please support her works as well! Enjoy reading guys. Comments are respectfully welcomed.  Love yah!

♥LucyAshleyHeartfilia♥

__________________________________________________________________________

Natsu’s side

“Out of my way!”, Natsu growled as he charged towards Minora.

“Tch, stupid Fairy. Give it up already, you have no match for Tidus anyways”, Minora smirked dodging Natsu’s attacks.

“I won’t let you take any of my friends!”, Natsu attacked Minora with his speed, he almost got her, but Minora is very good at dodging. Natsu kept missing.

“This is really irritating. To think that Crucis will be damaged like that, now I have to fight you head on”, Minora angrily said. She was angry for Erza and others earlier because of what they did to her Cross-like weapon – Crucis. “And I thought they didn’t even leave a dent”

“Heh! You shouldn’t have underestimated them”, Natsu charged again. “That's where we, Fairy Tail are good at, destroying things!”, Natsu teased as he charge again and again.

“I have to end this soon or Tidus will get mad”, Minora said.

“Like hell, I’d let you win this!”, Natsu said. “Fire Dragon’s Brilliant Flame!”, Minora was blown away by the sudden explosion of Natsu’s attack. She covered her front by crossing her hands. What she didn’t expect is, “Fire Dragon’s Roar!”, Natsu blew huge amounts of Fire which caught Minora off-guard. It did a great damage on Minora. Her wound on her shoulder bled again and she fell to the ground helplessly.

“Arghhh”, Minora moaned in pain. Natsu stand in front of her. “Go on, do it!”

“I don’t have a liking on beating up girls, but if you lay a hand on Fairy Tail again, I’ll never hold back. Now, tell me, what do you intend to do with Lucy?”, Natsu asked.

“Hahaha, what makes you think I would tell you?”, Minora laughed as she held her shoulder which was bleeding.

“Natsu-sama”, Virgo interrupted.

“Virgo?”, Natsu said noticing Lucy’s maiden spirit. He also noticed a beaten up Happy in her arms. “Happy what happened? Where’s Lucy?”

“N…Natsu, Lucy is….She is in trouble!”, Happy managed to choke out.

“Where is she?”, Natsu asked Virgo.

“Princess is still in her apartment. I was forced to leave to save Happy-sama”, Virgo said.

“Natsu, I can’t…..protect…Lucy…like you asked…me…too….I’m sorry”, Happy cried.

“Happy”, Natsu felt guilty and sad for his friend’s condition.

“Don’t worry Happy, you’ve done a great job. I never should have made you protect her. I should have been the one to go”, Natsu said guiltily.

“Natsu….sorry, Lucy…help her!”, Happy begged, squirming on Virgo’s hold.

“On it!”, Natsu announced, dashing off in a  fast pace.

“No matter what you do, it’s already too late”, Minora said while standing. Natsu stopped from hearing this.

“It’s not too late. Nothing is too late as long as we believe. I believe Lucy’s waiting for me, and for that, I should go”, Natsu turned his back on Minora.

“What…what makes you think that?”, Minora asked, surprised.

“Because we’re friends. Because Lucy is my friend, I know she’s waiting for me”, Natsu said. “Take care of your wounds”, he smiled at Minora and continued running. Minora just looked at Natsu as he ran until he was nowhere to be seen.

“Natsu Dragneel”, Minora stammered. After she said his name, she smiled. Her face looked like she just found something unusual. “What an interesting guy he is. Still, even if he has that kind of determination.....”, Minora trailed off still looking at the lad. A hopeful yet mourning face was plastered in her face. "I just hope he's powerful enough to help her. I don't think he'll stand against Tidus. Tidus is a kind of guy who would give up everything for Lord Arthur's orders. Natsu Dragneel, if he is the one, I think he can do it".