The Night that Changed it All

I checked myself in the mirror. My tight, black dress clung to my curves, and stopped right below my butt, the sleeves stopped at the elbows. My long, curled, light brown hair stopped at my hips, and my bright blue eyes popped out against my mascara and winged eyeliner. I liked that the black kind of hid my tan skin tone. I never liked my skin tone, it reminded me of my mom... Her tan, Latina skin looked even more beautiful in the sun... 

'Beep beep'. 

I picked up my phone from off of my bed, and unlocked it to see a text from Kiandria, my best friend.

From: Kiandria ❤️❤️❤️😘

SNEAK YOUR ASS OUT IM OUT FRONT!!! ITS PART TIME!!!

I smiled and locked my phone, sitting on the blankets of the bay window before unlatching the window and swinging it open, grabbing onto the drainage pipe and sliding down. I caught myself on the ground and ran to Kiandria's car, practically throwing myself into the passengers seat. We took off down the road towards the party.

"So, how's living with your step father?" I rolled my eyes at her question. She knows I hate it there.

"Terrible," I scoffed, and she laughed.

"Isn't that illegal? I mean your dad's still alive, why can't you go live with him or some shit?" I turned and glared at her. She doesn't know about my dad, but still... I love him so much, but he stopped visiting me. She turned to look at me and saw I was pissed off. She turned her attention back towards the road and mumbled a quick "sorry".

"Listen, I know parties aren't quite your scene, but just try to stay by me and you'll be fine", I nodded at her words as we pulled up to the house. Right away, there were two guys standing out on the lawn wearing  the local gang colors. "The Kings". One of them was a light skinned African-American kid, covered in tattoos. He had bleached hair, and he wore black skinny jeans, a long, white tee shirt, and a red bandana tied around his head topped it all off. The kid with him was also light skinned, with a square top hair cut and a few tattoos. He had piercings covering his face, and he wore blue jeans, a white shirt, and a red bandana covering his mouth and nose. As I walked into the house, I stared at them, and they stared right back.

"Aye, girl! Don't take any drinks that dudes offer you! Make your own!! I don't wanna see you captured and put in some sex space shit," the one with bleached hair shouted at me. I flashed him a smile and entered the house, looking down. I suddenly ran into someone, and they spilled a beer all over my dress.

"I'm so sorry!" I stuttered out before I looked up to see a beautiful boy with dark brown hair quaffed to the side, grey eyes, an eyebrow piercing above his right eye, and gauges.

"Fuck you best-" he stopped what he was saying when he looked at me. "I mean, it's all good. Don't worry, baby." He smiled before walking out.

"WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING! HE'S DANGEROUS!! DON'T TALK TO HIM!!" Kiandria shouted at me over the music. I was about to respond, but I saw him walking out. He had a red bandana tucked into the back of his sagged, black skinny jeans. I turned around to talk to Kiandria, but she was gone.

Oh, great. Fuck. I just lost my only hope of surviving tonight. I started to push my way through the crowd, searching, but made it only to the back door before I decided to give up looking for her. I walked out the back door and towards a bundle of trees. I trudged along the dirt path, and kicked rocks off to the side when I heard someone scream. I started running down the path towards the noises, and I stopped at a clearing in the trees to see the two boys from outside the house and the boy who spilled beer on me were pinning a boy down to the ground and hitting him several times in the face. The grey-eyed boy stood up and started to pace back and forth, pulling at his own hair. He looked down at the boy and screamed:

"WHERE'S MY FUCKING MONEY!?" The boy on the ground coughed up some blood to the side before saying in a shaky voice:

"Just give me another day..." the boy with grey-eyes laughed at what he said, and ripped the gun off of the side of the boy with bleached hair, pointing it at the boy on the ground.

"Wrong answer." He spat, and fired one round right into the boy's chest. I screamed as blood misted the air. When they heard my scream, all the boys heads shot towards me. I turned on my heels and ran. I heard someone chasing after me. I gasped for breath when I reached a black Range Rover. As much as I tried, I couldn't catch my breath, and my whole body got slammed against the steel of the car and I squeezed my eyes shut. I opened my eyes slowly to meet familiar grey ones.

"Remember me?" His husky voice making me shiver as his eyes traced up and down my body.