One Love

Sun started to shine on the wall I was staring at for the whole night. I knew the sun was coming up. I heard footsteps coming down the hall towards me. A bowl of Captain Crunch got sat by my side. I looked up to meet the boy with grey eyes. He smiled at me before he sat across from me and shoved a spoonful of cereal in his mouth. I glared at him but didn't say a word. He raised his eyebrows at me before looking down and playing with the cereal in his bowl.

"You need to eat, Nala."

"I thought I was going to lose you!" I shouted at him. He looked up from his cereal.

"Well you didn't. It wasn't even real. Now eat your fucking food." he spat before looking down at his cereal. I picked my bowl up from the side of me and tossed the cereal around in the milk before eating a spoonful of it.

"Good girl..." He mumbled before dropping his spoon in his bowl. He ran a hand through his hair. He went to speak but I spoke first.

"Was she prettier than me?" He swallowed and his eyes turned sad. He slowly shook his head.

"No one's prettier than you." He spoke in a raspy, broken voice.

"Was he prettier than me?" He asked trying to keep a straight face, but he couldn't, a sly smirk grew on his face and he started laughing hysterically. I grimaced.

"Come on babe, that was funny." I smirked and nodded.

"Whatcha thinking about, Nala?" I shifted my gaze over to him.

"Nothing really... I was just wondering if my step dad is wondering where I am...or if-",

"Forget about that asshole, Nala, he doesn't give a fuck," Justin interrupted me. I closed my mouth and shut up. He stood up from where he was sitting and walked out of the house, slamming the front door behind him.

JUSTIN'S POV

I walked through the store with my hands tucked in my pockets. I turned down the toy aisle when something hit my ankle. I looked down to see it was a ball. I squatted down and picked it up before a little girl came running over to me. She was shy as she walked over.

"Is this yours, Princess?" She nodded and I handed her the ball.

"Thanks, mister..."

"Hey, Princess, can you show me where the teddy bears are?" She nodded and grabbed my hand, dragging me down the aisle until she showed me the bears.

"Which one do you think is best for a girl I love?" She pointed out a fluffy tan one with a pink bow around its neck. I grabbed it off if the shelf.

"I'm gonna give this to my girlfriend," the little girl's smile faded.

"But don't get me wrong, you'll always be my number one girl." She smiled and giggled causing me to smile.

"Do you want me to buy you one sweetie?" She nodded her head and she grabbed a bear for herself. She grabbed onto my hand and dragged me towards the check out tables. I bought it for her right before her father ran up.

"Avery stay away from that man! He's very dangerous!" He pulled Avery away from me, causing her to drop her bear. I picked it up off the floor and ran towards them.

"Now you stay away from us!! I don't want any trouble you...You psychopath!!" He screamed at me. I could feel my eyes turn dark. I slammed the bear into his chest.

"If it wasn't for the fact that your daughter reminds me a lot of my sister, you'd be dead right now." I turned on my heel and walked to my car.

NALA'S POV

I heard the door re-open, and soon the grey eyed boy was standing in front of me, smoke hanging out of his mouth. He handed me a teddy bear. I took it from him and stood up. He pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head.

"I'm sorry." He said before heading upstairs, and about twenty minutes later he came down stairs with packed bags.

"Come on baby, we're going on vacation."

---

Sorry this chapter was short 😔