Good Morning, Sunshine

NALA'S POV

I woke up in a familiar bed, within a familiar room... Wait... It's my room... I sat up and stretched my limbs. I turned towards my bay window and jumped when I saw someone sitting there, but then I soon realized it was Justin. He had his elbows rested on his knees, and held a bowl in his hands. He scooped a spoonful of food into his mouth before he looked up and saw me. "Well, good morning, Sunshine," I cringed at the way he talked with his mouth full. I furrowed my eyebrows together at his presence in my room.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. He swallowed before shrugging.

"When I shot that old bastard, you fainted at the blood that stained your shoes, so I brought you here and put you in your bed. I waited to see if you were okay, but then I got bored, so I went through your stuff... And then I got hungry, so I went downstairs and made myself oatmeal."

"You went downstairs!? Oh my god! If my step dad saw you, I'm dead!!!" I spat at him, and he smirked with a mouth full of food.

"I went through your stuff and you're more concerned about the oatmeal? I could've found all your S&M kinky shit," I rolled my eyes at him.

"I don't own that stuff. I'm a virgin." I stated.

"Prude bitch..." He mumbled, hoping I wouldn't hear. I did.

"Excuse me?!" I spat at him.

"Nothing." He said, shrugging his shoulders. 

"NALA! BUTT DOWN HERE, NOW!" I heard my step father screamed at me from downstairs. I jumped up and ran out of my room, down the stairs, and into the kitchen where he was sitting, drinking coffee.

"Where did you go last night?" He asked, sipping his coffee, never once looking up from his paper.

"Why do you care." I asked him, crossing my arms over my chest.

He got up and walked over to me.

"I'm going to work." He huffed before walking past me and out the front door. I rolled my eyes and walked up the stairs, where Justin was standing. He was leaning against the rail and eating his oatmeal.

"God, that was brutal." I ignored his statement and walked past him into my room. He followed behind me like a lost dog. I threw myself down on my bed.

"When was the first time your step father beat you?" I quickly sat up and glared at Justin. He set his bowl on top of my dresser and paced around a bit before stopping and looking at me, raising his eyebrows, waiting for me to answer.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said to him, staring him down. He scoffed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Come on, it's not hard to figure out! You're covered in bruises and-" he cut himself off to dig into his pocket. Soon he pulled out a razor that he twirled in his fingers. "-you shouldn't leave this laying around... It could seriously hurt you. I mean... Look at all those scars. And if I'm not mistaken, you should have some fresh ones hidden all around you." He stuffed the razor back in his pocket and grabbed his oatmeal off the dresser, scooped some more into his mouth. He walked over to the bay window where he sat down. New tears streamed down my cheeks. He looked up at me once more. "Plus I read your diary." I turned and laid back down, burying my head in the pillows, and cried. Harder than I have in a while. I heard him get up but I didn't look. I just stayed and cried. I felt something land on me, so I sat up. Whatever it was fell on the floor. I looked down to see a pair of light washed ripped jeans and an OFWGKTA tee shirt. I looked up at Justin, confused.

"Put them on, I'm taking you to breakfast."

"But you already ate," I sniffled, and he rolled his eyes.

"But you didn't, and I'm still hungry." I nodded and picked up the clothes, walking into the bathroom. I stripped off my clothes, looking in the mirror. Justin was right. I had cuts all over my hips and stomach. I forced myself to look away from the mirror as I changed into my new clothes. I looked back in the mirror and put my hair up before I walked back out into my room, and saw him looking at pictures of me and my mom.

"Your mom was pretty," he said when he heard me walk into the room. "Just like you." I furrowed my eyebrows together as he looked up. 

"Did you just call me pretty?" He smirked and stood up, walking pass me and out of the room, going down the stairs. This time, I followed him like a lost puppy. He walked out of the house and got into the SUV, so I got in on the passenger side.

"Yes." Justin said before pulling out of the driveway and down the road. I rested my head on the glass. It was freshly chilled by the cool, fall, morning air. I watched all the broken fire hydrants spray into the street, all the homeless dogs run around, all the gang bangers blaring their music. Soon, it all faded away, and we were driving down an abandon street. We stopped in a small parking lot. I sat up and looked in front of us to see a small diner. I opened my door and followed Justin inside. Once we entered the diner, Justin stopped dead in his tracks when he saw a guy at the counter with tan skin and a shaved head. The dude stopped messing with the busboy when he looked up and saw Justin standing there. He turned and slowly walked towards us. Justin leaned over and whispered to me:

"Hurry... Go past me and to the booth in the very back." I nodded, and tried to rush past, but the guy grabbed me and held my back against his chest. His arm wrapped around my neck, and he pulled it tight. I was struggling to breathe. I felt his lips press against my head as he spoke.

"Who's this lovely girl you got with you, McCann?" The guy sneered.

"Fuckin'... Let go of the girl, Brad," Justin growled. 

"Nah, I think I might have some fun with her," Brad said, squeezing tighter around my neck. I started to slam my hands against his arm trying to get out. I couldn't breathe... 

"Let go of her! This is between you and me!" Justin spat, his eyes flashing between me and Brad. I could feel Brad smirk and let go. I stumbled backwards and gasped for breath. I backed up to get as far away from them as possible.

"Now, is that anyway to treat a pretty girl, Brad? Now you gotta pay." Justin threatened with a sly smirk.

"We both know I'm gonna kick your ass, McCann." Brad snarled. Justin smirked and ran a hand through his hair. He started to walk closer before he grabbed a metal trey off of the counter and slammed it against Brad's head, making Brad fall to the floor. Justin laughed before his facial expression turned dark, and he grabbed a butcher knife off of the bar counter. He lifted it high and then jammed it into the chest of the bald boy laying below him. I screamed with Brad. Justin tightened his grip on the knife and pulled down, slitting Brad practically in half. Blood started to pour out of him, flooding the diner. I screamed again, and Justin looked up at me with a smirk.

"What is it? All the blood?" He pulled out a smoke from his pack and put it in his mouth, lighting it nonchalantly. I climbed over the seats and booths to avoid the blood, and ran out of the diner. I could hear him chasing after me.

"Come on, Nala, it's just a little blood!" I heard him chuckle at his own comment. "Who am I fucking with, it's a lot of blood..." I turned out of the parking lot and started walking down the street.

"Come on Nala, talk to me, baby." He said. I stomped my foot and turned around to face him. 

"YOU ARE A FUCKING PSYCHO!!" He smirked at me and took a drag of his cigarette. He blew out the smoke and threw the butt out onto the street. He stomped it out, and looked at me dead in the eye.

"And you love it." 
----
Hey guys! comment, vote, share and all that jazz ✌️