Bridges burnt to the ground...

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

- Albert Einstein

“Andrew wake up now!” I yelled while running around the house picking up my clothes.

“What’s wrong?” he yawned.

“My house is on fire. The smell of demons is all around the place. We need to get to the woods, right now!” I growled out while putting on my shirt.

He started at me, eyes wide open, jaw slightly dropping to the floor and hands forming two fits. His knuckles turned pale white and I thought I saw a slight flame in his eyes. Andrew’s face darkened with disgust.

“Son of a b*tch!” he yelled and grabbed his pants and shirt. He held my wrist and drag me to the car slumming the door shut after I had entered it.

“Holly cr*p!” He yelled once more.

“What’s wrong?” I cried out not realizing what was happening.

“Shut the h*ll up and get dress!” he glared and started the engine. The car pounced ahead as the engine grunted a few times.

“Don’t talk to me like that.” I kicked the air once trying to get rid of my anger.

“Abbs calm down I am sorry you  need to get dressed and prepare yourself for battle. I think your house is burnt down because of the war. I told you the final battle would be given at the woods next to your new house. I think that might be it. So please…get ready to fight.” He whimpered pushing the car harder.

I didn’t say anything for a while as I was putting on my jeans and converse shoes.

“Abbs grab the wheel for me.” He let go of the steering wheel and I barely managed to grab it before we almost hit a bike. The man yelled at us, cursing like it was his native language.

Andrew pulled on his jeans and shirt and placed his hands on the wheel motioning me to let go.

“Why do I need to get ready for battle?” I cried out full of concern and fear.

“Sebastian is the one that trained you. He is one of the best, if not the best of them all. You can fight like a man. Actually I am sure he pushed you that hard that you could fight better than a man.” He smiled.

“Andrew I am trying not to freak out here!” I whimpered. He stared into my eyes with regret before searching for something under his seat. He grabbed a gun and placed it on my hands.

“I am sure you know how to use it. If anyone gets any close to you shoot them. Head or heart. Both could work but when you do don’t feel safe. It will slow them down. Only if there are vampires. If not…you need to work your way without this.” He pointed at the gun not taking his eyes off the road.

“I can’t use it.” My stubborn self remarked.

“Yes you do. In your training there must have been shooting, stabbing, martial arts. There is no way Sebastian didn’t teach you those. Kid…I  need you to be safe. I don’t know what will happen…you must stay safe.” He smiled sadly before taking the turn towards my house.

We entered the dusty road and I jumped out before the car stopped running towards my house.

The smell of rotten meat and blood was all around, however I could notice something else mixing with those scents. There was something else…something nasty. It made my stomach twirl in disgust and for a brief second I feared the fact that I would empty my stomach on this road.

“What the hell is going on?” I screamed when I reached Lucia.

“Girl! You are in trouble! The smell of black magic, demons and vampires is all over the place!” she screamed at me grabbing my arms and shaking me harshly.