Problems approaching...

"Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by fighting back."

~Paul Erdos

I sighed hard while hugging Andrew, he seemed to be my only comfort in this unfair world of mine.

“We’ll make it on our own.” He trembled while wrapping his arms around my tiny-in comparison with his- body. I rested my forehead on his chest and breathed in and out slowly trying to relax myself.

Despite the comfortable embrace he was offering me and his reassuring words, I knew that he didn’t believe what he was saying, not even himself.

“You don’t believe it either.” I smiled sadly closing my eyes.

He tightened his embrace and held me there while sitting on a comfy couch and caressed my arm tenderly.

It was already three in the morning and nobody had left, they were all dancing and having fun.

“Abby there’s someone at the door!” Patricia called out.

“Okay!” I yelled back trying to be heard over the music.

Andrew smiled sweetly .

“Go get the door. I’ll make us a few drinks.” He shrugged and got off the couch.

I followed him but headed towards the front door.

I only hoped Nate would be the one ringing the door bell impatiently.

Checking from the little whole on the door, I realized we were in trouble. A big deal of trouble.

‘We got a problem. Get here. Quickly.’ I whispered inside Andrew’s mind. When he reached me I motioned towards the spy hole, where he leaned in and took a glimpse of the person behind it.

He eyes hardened with disgust as his jaw clench.

His hands formed two fists and I watched as he knuckles turned pale white.

‘She’ll do nothing in here. Not with all those people around. Act like nothing is going on.’ He smiled evilly and wrapped his arm around my waist keeping me close to him.

‘Keep an eye on me. I’ll rip her throat. And his.’ I sang in his mind cursing the moment he dared to open the door revealing the person I wanted to see the most and the person I wanted to murder the most.

“Hey bro!” Andrew smiled and bumped fists with Nate.

He slowly turned to face the girl next to him.

She smiled widely and planted a wet kiss on his lips. He had her in his arms, with one hand around her waist and the other in his pocket. Shrugging his offered a kind smile at us.

“Hey guys.” Nate said in a low voice.

“Hey there!” Amy giggled as if she was the kindest creature on earth. Not happening.

“Hey.” I bit out trying to look les furious than I already was. She raised both of her eyebrows in surprise and blinked a few times before leaning in to capture me in a tight embrace.

“Sweetheart you are so dead.” She whispered in my ear and stepped back smiling evilly.

“Same for you bestie.” I winked at her and dag my nails into Andrew flesh trying to calm myself down.

He tightened his grip around my waist and motioned the new couple to come inside.

Both of them walked towards the living room.