Twelve

"Come on, Lizzy! You can do it, just one more time," I encourage the fourteen-year-old girl as she is training, her cheeks red from the effort.

I cross my arms, watching her. Not only do I do all sort of missions for the agency, I need to train the kids who joined the North Agency. Lizzy has been here since she's twelve and I can already tell she has potential. She's very strong for her age.

But she hates sports.

Annoyed, she lets herself fall to the ground, giving up.

"I can't anymore. I hate sports," she grumbles, looking up at me, her green eyes tired.

I smirk. "I should call you Lazy."

She glares at me. "Don't."

Shaking my head with a small smirk, I watch as she gets up from the ground. I'm training her with everything since she joined the agency and somehow, I can see a bit of myself in her. She doesn't talk to a lot of other kids, saying they are too 'immature and stupid' for her.

Lizzy looks at something over my shoulder, a scowl automatically appearing on her face.

"I really hate that bitch," she mumbles, shaking her head.

Raising my eyebrows, I turn my head to look behind me. I'm a little surprised to see that she's talking about Nova.

I narrow my eyes. I haven't said anything to her since last mission and I don't plan to. I'm afraid I won't be able to control myself.

I look back at Lizzy, crossing my arms.

"Lizzy." I shake my head with a look of disapproval, but I'm surely not offended at all by what she said or unhappy.

"What? You do, too." She crosses her arms and shrugs with a small smirk. "This is pretty obvious. Seriously, if she wasn't here, you could be back with your lover boy. I mean, he was still your boyfriend when he 'died'—"

I tense, giving her a hard and surprised look.

"What? What are you talking about? How do you know this?" I narrow my eyes and take a step towards her.

Unfortunately, she's not afraid of me. I think I've been a little bit too nice towards her. I don't know how it happened or why. Maybe the fact I could really see my younger me when I looked at her have something to do with it.

I blink, realizing all of this just now. Then, I clench my jaw and shake my head, telling myself I'll need to change this. If she thinks I'm her friend, she's wrong.

I can't be nice to anyone or care about anybody. That's way too dangerous.

"People talk here." Lizzy shrugs again, looking far behind me.

I blink. "Seriously?"

She nods, untying her ponytail. Her brown hair falls on her shoulders.

"This is so obvious, anyway. Just the way you look at each other, sometimes. Without even realizing it."

"What are you talking about, again?" I ask in an annoyed tone, my eyes narrowed and my body tensed.

I don't like where this shit is going.

Lizzy sighs. "Turn around."

"What?"

"Just fucking turn around." She rolls her eyes and ignores my cold glare.

She's clearly not supposed to talk to me like that and she knows it. I decide to let that one go and turn around because that girl won't stop until I do it.