swingsets

———————————————————
I hope you guys enjoy the new chapter!🤍

"We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all." — Andrew in The Breakfast Club
———————————————————

Chapter 17
<——————————————->

I blinked, then had to do so again to ensure the image in front of me. "What are you doing out here?"

Kade shrugged. "I could ask you the same question."

I turned to face the restaurant, tugging my arms over my chest. "It's none of your business."

I didn't have to face him to know that he was smirking.

"Is it any of your business what I'm doing here?" he retorted.

When I said nothing, he spoke, again, "You're coming with me."

I looked up at him in shock. What had gotten into him now? "I'm not going anywhere with you," I argued. He was out of his mind.

He looked at me, a devious grin replacing the smirk he once had. His head fell with a chuckle before he raised it. "Should I start from the beginning or the middle where things get interesting?"

I frowned in confusion. "What are you talking about?"

He shrugged as if he didn't have a care in the world. "April 27, the day your mother beat you so hard that you couldn't attend school for a week," he began.

My eyes widened. I knew that date like the back of my hand. My mother had gotten angry at me, because while pouring her cereal into a bowl, I dropped the milk in the process. She grabbed me, and beat me black and blue.

"December 15, the day your brother tried to force his bottle of scotch down your throat, yet you fought back and got beat up by him and his friends," he continued, this time louder then before.

My body shook at the secrets he began to reveal to the night. There wasn't anyone outside, but just knowing how easily he was able to spew them off made me nauseous.

Kades' eyes were darker then before. He scanned me over with a look of the devil. "March 20, the day your brother—"

"Stop!" I yelled at him.

I felt my face burn with embarrassment at him. His words halted, though the smirk never left him, not once.

"I-I'll come with you," I muttered despite my every wish not to.

Without another word, he turned his back to me. I watched the material of his dark blue shirt stretch across the large of his back. His hair had that messy look per usual, and he wore navy blue sweats. No matter how casual the boy looked, his entire physical demeanor screamed perfection. But, his mouth and him just ruined it, altogether.

We began to walk to his car, I presumed. I wiped my clammy hands over the material of my jeans, my nerves continuing to build and build after we were inside.

We were silent in the drive. "You act like I'm going to bite," I heard him comment.

I gave him a weird look, which he returned. "Because you might. Who knows with you."

He nodded his head, eyes trained on the road ahead of us, yet he wore a small smile. "I get that."

I turned my head in the opposite direction, and stared out the window. Anything to avoid his bullshit seemed to be a better option.