13

Thanks so much for sharing my book and supporting! I appreciate you guys so much! Enjoy !🤍

"You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending." — C.S. Lewis

———————————————————

Chapter 55
<——————————————->

I took a seat on the bed, then thanked Raven as she handed me a canned soda.

She sat across from me, pressing her back to the bed frame. "So, I have news."

Maggie and I looked at each other with cartoon, then back to her.

"Levi didn't wrap it before he tapped it?" Maggie guessed, following it up with a sip of her soda.

Raven rolled her eyes. "A couple times actually, but that isn't what this is about." Her eyes beamed. "My dad called."

I paused, choosing to skim past the first half of what she'd said. "What? Really? What'd he say?"

Her expression grew grim. "Well...he said that he wants to spend a weekend with me, soon," she said, tracing the rim of her can with a finger. "I'm not really sure what that means for us, or if I'm even going to go but..." she shrugged with a sigh.

I placed a hand over hers, offering a smile. "But, it does mean something."

Maggie scoffed, bumping Raven's shoulder. "That son of a bitch better apologize at least a thousand times, and throw a couple of Porsches in there, too. A car wouldn't even make up for half of his shit."

Raven cocked an eyebrow. "I already have a car."

Maggie responded with a wave of her hand. "Oh, I know. This one's for me." We all chuckled at this.

My eyes fell to Raven, again. "How are you feeling about it, though?" I asked, reaching over to squeeze her knee. "Talk to me, babe."

She sighed, tucking a strand of loose hair behind her ear. "I don't know, honestly. Excited, scared, angry. I'm excited to talk to him, but scared that I'll just get hurt all over again, yet absolutely furious at his absence, you know? I'm not sure if I wanna sit and talk with him, or have Levi bodyslam him so that I can get a good knockout in."

I nodded my head. I understood every single thing she said. I wasn't sure if I had it in me to talk to my mother over the phone, let alone be around her. She was brave for even considering it.

I squeezed her knee again. "If you need support, I'm sure I could get Kade, and he could get Luke to help you jump him, too," I joked to try and earn a smile. "You'd have all three, plus us."

Maggie nodded in agreement, pointing to me. "Good idea. I've seen videos of those three sons of bitches jumping people. Their evil little trio could do a lot of wreckage if we need it. I'm sure they wouldn't hesitate to do it, again."

Raven's saddened expression broke, the laughter falling out as she nodded. "I'll consider it."

"Whichever option you choose though, you know we'll support you," Maggie added, patting Raven's hand. "We'll be your getaway car if you need it."