postponed|part 1

Enjoy!🤍

"Neither genius, fame, nor love show the greatness of the soul. Only kindness can do that." — Henre Dominique Lacordaire
———————————————————

Chapter 28|Part 1
<——————————————->

"Hey."

My head raised at his voice. Kade was staring at me, his face grim with discomfort.

"Hi," I responded carefully.

His body was no longer shadowed with sweat, which was a good sign to me. After a night's rest, I hoped that his hallucinations would be long gone now.

He pulled himself up, pressing his back against the headboard. Awkwardly, I watched him before averting my eyes downward once he caught them in his own.

"How do you feel?" I asked, standing to my feet.

"Shitty as fuck, but some food could help that," he said in his rough tone.

I nodded in agreement; my stomach had been growling for the past hour. "Oh—"

"How about we go out to get breakfast?" he suggested before clearing his throat. "Like together."

Oh.

Maybe he was still having hallucinations.

"Are you sure you're feeling alright?" I asked.

He nodded, swinging long legs over the bed. I watched as he overestimated, his body falling to cooperate so soon.

I rushed over to him, offering my arm. He stared at it for a moment, before taking it and helping himself up.

I stood in his room as he showered and dressed. After a while, I stepped outside of his bedroom and just waited. Once the door clicked behind him, Kade grasped the wall for support.

"You can lean on me, if you would like," I offered in a small voice, motioning for him.

Kade's eyes followed my actions, before falling on me. "You sure?"

I nodded, bracing myself as we walked down the staircase. Stupid stairs.

"What day is it?" Kade asked after we made it to the bottom.

I opened the door, shivering as the morning air hit. "Saturday now."

He froze, and I did as well. I looked at him, my brows furrowed in confusion. "What is it?"

He shook his head, his eyes falling. "Fuck."

"Fuck!" he spat, palming his face.

Kade removed his arm from my shoulders, causing my confusion to worsen. I glanced up at him but his attention was elsewhere.

"I have to go," he muttered.

"No, you can't," I argued, expression laced with concern.

Brown orbs shot me down. "Listen, you're not..." he huffed. "I'm not about to argue with you, not right now."