done

Enjoy, beautiful people! 🤍 happy early thanksgiving guys!

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength." —Arnold Schwarzenegger
———————————————————

Chapter 30
<——————————————->

Kade was just as shocked as me, mouth agape. Before he had a moment to speak, I quickly turned away. I didn't, no I couldn't, hear what he had to say.

He didn't call. He didn't speak to me. He didn't do a thing, yet he had the time to go make out with one of his girls.

I couldn't understand why I was so hurt. I had to remind myself that there was nothing to cry about when it came to Kade. I had to remind myself that I was nothing to him, and he was nothing to me. The only thing that linked us was that damned journal, but other than that, we had no hold on one another.

Before I reached class, the loud bell rang above us. It didn't startle me, instead I felt gratitude that my first class was over. Except, there were seven more periods to go.

I walked back into the classroom to get my things. As I lifted the bag onto my shoulder, I felt a tug of my wrist. I winced as the pain only influenced my anger.

I jerked around, coming in contact with grey eyes. I didn't even have to go farther than that to realize it was Carter who had tugged me.

His expression grew wary. "Can I speak to you?" I only detected the desperation in his voice.

Now that we were close, I examined his face more closely. Somehow, he had developed a scar, one that ran from the bottom of his jawline and to the beginning of his ear. It had to be new; I'd never seen it before today.

His grey eyes searched my brown ones as I scoffed. I tried to push past him, clenching my bag tightly. I didn't want to deal with anymore assholes today.

"Look, I-I'm sorry," he called out behind me.

I stopped before I reached the door. I turned back around, my face red with pent up anger.

I glared at him. "I don't need your worthless apology. Let's just get this project done and be done with each other, alright?" I spat.

Carter shoved a hand across his face before sighing. "Okay, I get it. I get it, I get that you're not comfortable around me, and I've done everything to deserve that. But I'm so much better now, I promise."

I shook my head, allowing my ears to skim over his words. "I don't care, Carter. I could care less about your well-being." He went to say something, but I stopped him with, "Meet me at the library today at four so we can try and get this thing done." After I said what I had to say, I slammed the classroom door behind me.

***

"Blue?" I asked Carter, who sat across from me, researching the facts for our project.

He nodded, tapping at the keyboard. "Yeah, that'll work."

I nodded, thumping my pen against the table. "Have you found our topic?"

He nodded again. "Yeah, she just sent the email. Our topic is natural disasters, and how it can affect others' around us," he explained, glancing up at me.

I ignored it, and awaited for the screen to display what we were looking for. While Carter searched for a credible website, I began designing the poster.