soggy pizza

So sorry for the late update! Don't forget to light up that star and comment! 🤍

"We accept the love we think we deserve."— The Perks of Being A Wallflower
(favorite film of all time 👆)
———————————————————

Chapter 25
<——————————————->

I shut my locker door after the books were placed neatly inside. It was only the middle of the school day, but it felt like I could drop dead right now if given the opportunity.

Raven bumped into my shoulder with a smile. "He can barely stop looking at you, you know."

I glanced at Kade, who was standing at the end of the hallway by his own locker. The back of Levi's brown head faced me, but Kade's gaze was undeniable.

I blushed, letting my head fall. "Can we not talk about it?"

"Mhm," she hummed, tapping her nails along the locker. "How about we talk about it?"

I rolled my eyes, tightening my grip around the backpack, which seemed to grow heavier by the second. "See you at lunch, Raven."

She was too busy staring at the back of Levi's head. I smirked at her obvious affection toward him, walking off toward my next period.

I was rounding the corner of my class when a familiar, voice that belonged to Amber made me pause, "God. Just look at you."

"Aw." I heard the familiarity of Maggie's chuckle. "Amazed by how good I look too, huh?"

I didn't even have to see Natasha to know she was scowling "The exact opposite, really. The only thing I'm amazed at is thinking all along that the ugly duckling was fiction, but looking at you now, I know I definitely was mistaken."

Fuck no. Hurriedly, I went to get to Maggie's side, but there was truly no need.

"Goddamn, I like that one." Maggie, arms crossed, flicked her head at either girl with a chuckle. "But, you wanna know what I always thought?"

I stared at her in shock. She was new, innocent to their torment and their insults.

Natasha scoffed. "Why not?"

"I always thought yeast infections were in between your legs, not on your face," Maggie laughed. "But looking at you both now? I definitely was mistaken."

I expected shock to come first, but instead, my chuckle did. I never expected her to clap back at them both, but it seemed she was definitely fine on her own.

Both of their smug expressions fell in a heartbeat.

"What the fuck?" Natasha spat. "You stupid—"

"I'm fine with just being labeled a bitch, thanks," Maggie interrupted, waving her off. "No adjectives. Too much of a mouthful." Her eyes trailed over them both, her lip tipping into a smirk. "But I bet you're both used to those, aren't you?"

Their attitudes were smashed as Maggie's words tormented them. I couldn't stop myself from chuckling, again. I hadn't known Maggie long enough to know her humor, but I knew I already loved it.

Ambers' eyes weren't concentrated on Maggie, as Natasha's were. Instead, her own were glued on me.

Hatred was sprinkled into her gaze, all for me. Her pink lips were now turned into an angry frown, small fists tightened on either side of her. She resembled every single synonym for hatred.