us

Okay, so, I have been asked about it before & I finally remembered to do it lol. I made a Pinterest board for IASWAD! If you want to see them, just go to my profile & click on the link, then 'Pinterest.' They should be public!

Thanks for reading! Enjoy!🤍

"All that you are is all that I will ever need."— Ed Sheeran
———————————————————-

Chapter 43
<——————————————->

"Have a nice day," I smiled to the couple before they turned, then walked out of the diner.

I allowed my eyes to follow the both of them, who held the others' hand with a tight grip. I would be lying if I said that I didn't envy what they had. What I yearned to share with Kade some day.

I reminded myself of last night, and continued to thank the universe for that bit of...something. Something that had made me feel as if I were floating on cloud nine all day, something that spooked the heck out of me every time I thought on it. I tried my hardest to not drill the situation so hard, because I knew that I would turn things into something they never were.

"She's in love."

I jerked around at my aunt's voice, my cheeks growing ridiculously warm.

"What?" I said even though I was completely aware of her words.

Shay walked back to us, a plate of piping hot fries in one hand, a drink in the other, and a scandalous look in her eyes.

"Goodness, Celeste. Leave the poor girl alone," she scolded my aunt, who continued her torment with a wink of the eye.

After placing a plate down on the table of the customer, Shay rounded the register with a grin, "She can't help the fact that she's hopelessly in love with...mhm, what was his name again, Cele?"

Celeste brushed her hands down her apron, before her eyes found mine. "Oh, Shay, how could you forget the one and only Kade?"

"Susie's boy, isn't he?" Shay tapped at her shoulder as she retrieved the plates from the nearest table.

"Mhm, he sure is," Celeste confirmed with a nod. Shay grew closer to me to collect utensils for the customers. "Oops, silly me."

"Oh, that woman is so sweet," Shay noted. "She always get the same peach cobbler, and her tips always make me sing like a bird in summer. I see—"

I couldn't take this any longer. My face was nearing a tomato the longer I listened to their teasing. "Okay, I'm going to the restroom."

"I can never leave you girls alone, can I?" My Uncle Dylan commented, making his way from the back, and to us.

I smiled as he walked to Celeste, whose red lips were as high as could be. "Especially you," he said. His expression softened down at her.

Uncle Dylan placed his hands on her hips, before he drew her closer. Her giggles increased until he caught her lips.

I chuckled as Shay scowled from beside me. "Not to bother your tongue swapping, but there are other people around, you know."

The love-struck couple ignored Shay, who shook her head, with a floating smile on her lips.

I walked to the bathroom, which was vacant to my luck. I couldn't handle anymore awkward small talk, or anymore fake laughs at the terrible jokes from the customers.

I waited for the water to heat before sinking my hands underneath. Slowly but surely, I felt my mind wander off in a dangerous direction the longer I stood here. And, of course, it went right for him.