Chapter Five:

Chapter Five

“We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality.”  ~Albert Einstein

“Tonight we will be having game night,” Tatum announced as we finished dinner and our attention all went to him.

“Game night is a night where you will compete in something of my choice and the winners gets a date with me, not only will she get a date with me but you will also be on my good side because this is not just a game it’s a test to see who has the best quality’s to be able to rule,” Tatum continued.

“So Prince Tatum what is the game tonight?” A girl asked the question that was on everyones mind.

“Not so much as a game tonight, It’s more of… How do I explain this…” He tried to explain.

“He means for the first competition you all will be in groups of three, and you have to answer as much questions right as possible. This way it is for Tatum to see your intellect, a.k.a your smartness,” Blake explained and Tatum shot Blake a grateful look.

“Will everyone follow me to the auditorium where we have six tables set up and buzzers also,” Tatum said and we did what he said. Kacey and I instantly sat together at a table and when everyone else followed our lead, getting into groups a girl walked over to us.

“Hey um can I join your group?” A a girl asked staring at her shoes.

“Of course,” I said smiling and she instantly smiled.

“My names Trisha,” She said and I told her my name.

“Okay girls, when I ask a question and you know it buzz in the answer, if you buzz in but don’t get the right answer, the next person who buzzes can answer it, Everyone understand?” Tatum asked and everyone was in on the stage at tables while Tatums family was in the seats watching.

“Okay let’s get started! First question worth 25 points, What is the square root of 25?” Instantly I, The girl next to me and a few other people buzzed in.

“Trisha you were the first buzzer the answer is?” He asked the girl next to me.

“Five,” She responded.

“Correct!” He said and she smiled.

“100 points, What is Ghana known for?” He asked and some people buzzed along with Kacey.

“Alice?” He asked a blonde chick.
“Gold?” She said well more of asked.

“That would be correct,” He said and Blake came on stage before whispering something. Blake took the Microphone.

“For 400, Names of all the brothers of Pierce and ages?” Blake asked and I was the only one to buzz.
“Echo?” He asked.

“Well There's Jonah whose fourteen and the youngest, Sawyer and Quinn are sixteen while Tyler, Seth and you Blake are nineteen. Then there's Tatum twenty one,” I said and had a feeling Blake asked it knowing I knew.

“ For a hundred, Who Is Oliver Twist by?” He asked and a few other people buzzed as well as I did.

“Paige?” He asked and she answered correctly. This went on for a while. Suddenly it was the last question, The blonde chick’s team and our team where tied at 1175 points.

“For 1000 points I want you two teams to right an answer to this on a piece of paper and hand it to me then I will see who gets it,” Blake said.

“The question is what is the Princess of Kiss’s name, what’s my nickname for her and why?”

Everyone looked at each other not knowing but I just wrote an answer down.