Chapter Twenty Three:

“He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for   you.“      - Bob Marley

        Two weeks, five days, nine hours since I got home and I had stopped crying. I had stopped feeling. I just felt numb. I took a shower making sure to do everything hygienic since I had neglected that for days. I brushed my teeth and out my hair into a donut bun.  My hair was no longer purple but Pink, I had the dye laying around from the first time I decided I wanted to dye my hair. My family was so worried about me that my mom would just stand by my door begging for me to come out. I knew that they were worried, they had a right to be when I had locked myself in my room for more than two weeks. I had lost a lot of weight  drinking bathroom water and surviving on Lollipops and a couple of fruits my family left outside my door. For the first time in over two weeks I was going to face my parents. I turned on my phone still in my towel noticing the 374 messages making me shocked. I put it on my dresser as I searched for what to wear, I would need to go shopping later for clothes that fit. But for now I decided on a black Lara Sweetheart Neck Skater Dress and black combat boots with purple lipstick and racoon eyes that I saw Avril Lavigne with once. I made my bed and pulled the chair from my door opening it quietly. I walked downstairs towards the kitchen as it was breakfast time for my family. Grabbing a bowl I poured cheerios in it and dumped a whole boat load of sugar on top, then poured the milk before getting a spoon and going to the dining room. Everyone stopped when I walked in but I just sat down in my normal seat and continued eating. They were staring at me. It was uncomfortable.

“Prince Tatum will be arriving later today with your friends, he said he didn’t know why you were upset but he would talk to you,” Dad said and I instantly froze. Pushing my bowl away after three bites I stood up.

“I will be in my room,” I said biting my lip.

“DON’T BLOCK US OUT! LET US IN! WE CAN HELP YOU!” Alyssa shouted after me, I turned my head over my shoulder and looked straight at her.

“I am too far gone to be helped,” I replied before walking up the stairs to my room where I locked the door and placed the chair back in place.

I sat on my bed just staring at the door for god knows how long but  I did snap out of it when pounding came at the door.

“I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU DON’T OPEN THIS GOD DAMN DOOR BREA I WILL CLIMB A LADDER TO YOUR WINDOW!” Jade’s voice yelled from the other side.

“YEAH WELL SOMEONE ALREADY TRIED THAT! IT’S BULLET PROOF AND FLAMEPROOF AND TINTED SO YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO SEE ME!” I yelled back.

“I WILL KNOCK DOWN THIS DOOR!” Jade yelled back.

“GO AHEAD THEY HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR OVER A WEEK IT’S STEAL! YOU CAN’T BREAK IT! HA!” I yelled back at her sticking out my tongue even if she couldn’t see.

“WHY WON’T YOU LET US IN? WHY WON’T YOU LET US HELP YOU! WE ARE YOUR FRIENDS!” Alice yelled.

“WHO ELSE IS WITH YOU?” I yelled back.