Chapter Twenty Two:

Chapter Twenty Two:

“People think, because we’re young, we aren’t complex, but that’s not true. We deal with life and love and broken hearts in the same way a woman a few years older might.”         - Rihanna

I quietly packed everything away back into my suitcase and put the paper with the girls numbers on top of all my clothes next to my lollipops before shutting it. I wrote a note to the girls explaining that I had left.

Dear Jade, Shawna, Alice and Paige,

You all are my friends and forever will be, I didn’t want to have a goodbye full of tears so I am leaving now, early in the morning. I hope you all can forgive me for leaving without saying goodbye. I love you all so much but I can no longer stay here and you know the reason for that. Goodbye,

Love always,

Brea.

I put the note on my now made bed and quietly walked out of the KIngdom, suitcase in hand to the car that was waiting for me. I opened the doors getting in the back seat.

“To the airport,” I said sighing.

                    …

After a long flight were I kept hearing Kacey’s words we landed and I got a taxi to drive to the palace. Paparazzi had no idea that I came home so they weren’t here but some people who recognized me looked shocked.

When I got out of the Taxi my mother came out of the house shocked noticing I had been crying. She paid the taxi, grabbing my bag while assuring me inside.

“Mom,” I said starting to sob once again. I couldn’t believe I had this much tears.

“Honey what’s wrong?” She asked concern in her eyes and voice.

“I really liked this guy and he turned out he was only playing a game, he really didn’t like me,” I said sobbing as I sat on the living room couch.

“WHO IS THIS GUY?” Landon asked ready to pound someones face in as he entered the room.

“No, it’s okay, Please don’t do anything stupid, all I want to do is just go lay up in my room for a while,” I said and my mother nodded. Landon grabbed my bag and walked with me up to my room.

“Do you want to talk?” He asked as we came towards my door to the tower.

“Not right now, maybe later,” I said tired from all the crying and the sleep I have not had.  I opened the door, taking my suitcase and went up the stairs to another door, opening it, it was my room. I shut the door and locked it, putting my suitcase beside it as I flopped onto my bed and started to sob uncontrollably.

                    …

I got up, I had been in my room crying all day, ignoring the frantic phone messages from my friends. Maybe I shouldn’t have given them my number yesterday? Maybe I just shouldn’t have gone their in the first place. It would save me my heart breaking.

A knocking came from my door.

“Come on, I know you are in there Brea please let me in!” Alyssa said from the other side of the door. I put my headphones in turning the volume all the way up and blasting the music as I unpacked. I picked out a blue Drew Lace Dress, Street-chic Floral Canvas Sneakers and my black Ecote Open-Stitch Duster Cardigan before going to the bathroom. I put my phone into the speaker blasting the music and taking out my headphone. I took a shower, brushing my teeth, Drying my hair with a hair dryer, and put my hair into a donut bun. Than doing the regular makeup I usually do. See I was fine! Perfectly fine. I got into the clothes and looked in the mirror. I smiled, but it looked like a grimse. Shutting off the music I spent twenty minutes perfecting the ‘I’m fine and happy’ smile.

Looking at my phone I had 53 messages but I just put it on the dresser. I made my bed before sitting on my window seat looking outside.

I saw the track I love so much, I saw the stables, I saw the training grounds and then I saw the the beach. I closed my eyes my thought wandering towards my friends when I did so, so I picked up my phone but ended up putting it back.

I picked it up once again only for my phone to ring with a Blocked number.

Answering it I said “Hello who’s this?”

“This is your worst nightmare,

Name is anonymous for you hun

Heard about what happened with the Prince

But then again can you blame him?

Who would want you?

Certainly not a handsome prince like him.

Go cry a river.

Because that’s all you will ever be good for.

Don’t bother coming back because no one want’s you here.

You think they are your friends.

You think wrong.

Goodbye and Do us all a favor and kill yourself,”  A voice said through the phone but I didn’t know the voice, it was unfamiliar. Before I could reply I heard the dial tone. Biting my lip I thought back. Was my friends just acting like my friends? Were they really not my friends? Maybe the voice was right, maybe they weren’t. And maybe the voice is true, why would the Prince ever want me? Or like me? Why am I thinking about this? I put a chair to my door making sure no one would be able to get in and sat on my made bed taking off my shoes and getting into bed.

                        …

A week, four days and three hours I have been in my room, only going to the bathroom and then getting under my covers again. Sometimes drowning my sorrows in lolipops. Everyone tried to get me to open the door, they even tried breaking down the door but considering its a steal door they had no such luck. They tried convincing me to eat but they failed. I didn’t want to go out of the covers. It was so comfy. My phone rang a couple times but I just shut it off.

I slept most of the day away, drawed in my sketchbook, organized, cleaned or just sat at the window thinking. I bit my lip thinking, thoughts swarming my head again. I haven’t been running in a while but I didn’t feel like leaving my bed. All I felt like doing was crying and staying in my room but I didn’t know why.