Back To School

Copyright © 2014 / flamingdesire24/ Kelly In Action

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This book or any portion thereof
may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever
without the express written permission of the author.

The events depicted in this book are fictitious. Any similarity to any person living or dead is merely coincidental.

Oh! What a morning! So serene. So quiet. That's how I normally like my day to start. But today, was unusually different. Usually, I am excited to get up in the morning, but somehow I was not in the mood of getting up. I tried asking myself the reason to this, yet I didn't get any answer. Slowly, I opened my eyes and looked everywhere around my room. I could hear a lot of hustle and bustle going on in my house. I thought, probably all my family members have woken up and that their daily routine has begun. But suddenly, my sister banged open the door of my room and yelled, "Kelly, don't you want to go to school?" Oh yes! Now I remembered. I was not in the mood to wake up because school was reopening today. I don't like waking up early for school. I didn't even understand how the vacations passed so quickly. Acting like a sulky girl, I got up from my bed and went to the bathroom to get fresh.

My sister kept staring at my motion and muttered, "You will never improve." I do not care about what others say or think about me especially my sister Grace. She's three years older to me, goes to a college here in New York, has a boyfriend called Justin who is really very cute and is unfortunately quite intelligent. She's just eighteen, but acts as though she is twenty. She keeps bossing me around and thinks that she can have dominion over me, but I better warn her, she doesn't know me yet. Our mom doesn't stay with us. She's really very sweet, but sadly two years back, she had a terrible fight with our dad. The feud went on for three-four months and they soon knew they had to settle things. So, they decided to split. Even though they split, Grace and I don't feel lonely. She comes to visit us thrice a week, takes us out for treats and still acts as a part of the Anderson family. My mom's name is Elizabeth and my dad's Kevin. My dad's an engineer and my mom, an interior designer. I live with my dad, my annoying sister and my grandparents in Albany, New York. Grace and I often go to visit our mom on weekends in New Jersey.

Well then, let's get back to the main event. I got fresh, dressed up and was ready to go to school. As I headed downstairs to eat, I had a peek at the clock and all of a sudden all the sleepiness and laziness vanished. I was quick on my toes and just gulped down my food, pulled my bag from the hanger, took my cycle and rode off in full speed. I could hear familiar voices spit out anger saying, "'Hey Kelly! You are so irresponsible', 'I don't know what to do with you', 'She'll have to learn the hard way'," and many others. But as I already told you that I never care what people say about me, I kept cycling, not because I was afraid of hearing more or facing them, but because I was late for school. Too late for school I must say. I was regretting the fact that the beginning of this day didn't start the way I expected it to.

I was so relieved when I saw the school gates approaching closer and closer. Many students were rushing in on their cycles too, so that meant I wasn't late. I parked my cycle, got down in a jiffy and started walking towards the school door. I rushed towards my locker, took the necessary books for the day and headed to class. Everybody around me were greeting each other since they were meeting after a month. I had no interest to talk to anybody as my friends were not to be found and without wasting a minute, I walked upstairs. Well, my school's called St. Peter's and I'm in ninth. Today we had Physics as our first lecture. I always get nervous in front of Mr. Russo, our Physics sir. Reason? He once took me to the headmistress in eighth for not carrying my notebook! Imagine that! Just for not bringing a stupid notebook I was punished! Well, frankly speaking, I was texting in the class, but that doesn't really matter now. Anyway...