Thirteen

We sat at the dining pretending to be the so called loving couples, as the chef served us lunch. We were served pounded yam and vegetable soup as lunch. I never knew Jamal could eat this kind of food.

We ate lunch in silence as his mum made the first attempt to say something

We ate lunch in silence as his mum made the first attempt to say something. " what's this ?" Hajiya yelled as Jamal and I stared at one another confusedly.

" what happened mum ?" Jamal asked as she pushed her plate away

" don't tell me that your chef cooks food for you not Ameerah " she asked as Jamal scratched his head. Yah you should scratch that coconut brain of yours you jack ass.

" hajiya , Jamal doesn't allow me do anything, he always says the chef would do it that's what they are paid for " I stated as she scolded Jamal.

" Jamal Lafiya ka, toh daga yau Ameerah neh zata yi mamu girki a gidan nan ( Jamal are you alright at all, ok from today Ameerah would be the one to cook for us in this house )" hajiya stated as I smiled in excitement.

Finally , I would get to cook food for my husband . It's been a while since when I've seen or talked to Aisha. Since my so called husband is afraid of his own parents I should use this opportunity to ask for his permission in their presence.

" hey Jamal I was thinking if you would maybe allow me invite my best friend for movie tonight " I asked staring at me , as he gave me that I would deal with you later look.

" of course baby , you don't need my permission " he replied pecking me on the cheek as I blush.

OMG !!! did Jamal Mohammad just pecked me?. Am so gonna use this one week of his parents presence to my advantage and maybe he may learn to love me back.