Fifteen

Aisha was in the movie room picking a movie for us , as I went upstairs to pick up my cellphone. I walked into the room and stared at Jamal who was pacing up and down.

I stared at Jamal my mind not wanting to comprehend what was going on.

"Did  you do something?" He asked me

" what you think I called your mistress here , to disrespect your dad " I questioned

" well, yeh "

" oh that's nice, thanks for having so much trust in me " my wry voice dripped with sarcasm

" well what did you expect. She doesn't show up at my house just like that "

" that doesn't mean I called her "

" well you took so long opening the door "

" you seriously think I would do something like that ?" I asked as tears formed in my eyes

He stood in silence before answering me . " yes "

" well , I would never do something like this to you Jamal. At least not without your permission " I said sadly as the tears dropped.

" then how did it happen Ameerah " he asked walking close to me as he closed the gap between us

" look Jamal I know you don't see me as your wife, but at least have a tiny bit of respect for me. You spent our wedding night with that whore and I didn't complain, you slapped me for her I didn't retaliate, you treated me like some piece of garbage but I still respect you. You know why ? Because I have a big heart and am ready to forgive and forget. So please if anything happens between your mistress and you , count me out of it cause am not interested " I said wiping my tears as I made my way out of the room.

I just can't believe Jamal. He looked into my eyes, and told me that he doesn't believe me.