Chapter 1: How it all started

Michael and I were just hanging out at his place –like usual- when my phone started vibrating in my pocket. I didn’t bother checking it because I knew it was probably just Cameron again prank calling me.

“Aren’t you going to check that?” Michael asked looking at my legs incredulously.

“My phone?”

“Yeah, your legs are shaking like crazy” he chuckled

“Nah its Cameron prank calling me again”

“You sure, that’s the third time it vibrated and shouldn’t Cameron be at his University right now…?”

“Wait…Yeah he’s supposed to be there isn’t he…”

Mike gave me a knowing look and I grabbed my phone out of my pocket only to see Catherine Hardwicke’s name flashing on the screen, and disappearing altogether. Then my phone BINGED- I got a text message- and guess who it was from, Catherine.

Catherine: Hey Kris, I called you a few times, you didn’t pick up, sorry if your busy but it’s kind of important, call me please 

“It’s Catherine isn’t it?” Michael asked. It was actually more of a statement than a question.

“Yeah, I have to call her and I think-“he cut me off.

“Hey Kristen it’s okay, I have to go too, I’m supposed to meet a couple of my friends at Nobu at 3:00 and its 2:45…” and with that he came up to me, lightly kissed my check and left out the door.

“Bye…” but he was already gone. Whatever I thought.

I quickly got into my cooper and sped off to my house. Mom was at the door the second I stepped through it.

“Hey Sweetie, you look like you’re in a rush”

“Yeah Mom, Catherine called like, three times and I missed all three and I have to call her back”

“Wait a second Kris, you know what she’s calling about right?”

“Yes, I do”

“And do you know what you’re going to say?”

“Yes…I think putting off high school for a year won’t do me much harm, I’m currently a junior anyways, plus she really wants me to do it”

“I’m proud of you Kris, you know that? Now hurry up and call her!” she said excitedly.

I dashed up to my room and dialed in Catherine’s number. She answered on the first ring.

“Oh, hey Kristen! I’m really happy you called”

“Thanks Catherine, sorry, I called back a bit late, what’s up?”

“Okay so you read through the script I emailed you right?”

“Right…”

“I mean I held a lot of auditions and they were fantastic but none of them really satisfied my vision of Bella Swan. You do, the only person as a matter of fact. I don’t know, something about you, your personality, your appearance- it’s exactly how I imagined Bella as I read the book. Sorry if it’s a rush but I should have my cast by now and I don’t even have Bella yet, we have to start looking for Edward and Jacob and Oh My Go-“

“Hey Catherine, it’s okay we’ll do this together, we’ll find the perfect Edward and Jacob. We’ll have the perfect cast, I promise.”

“Awe that’s really sweet Kristen, thanks! Wait- does that mean…?”

“Yup! I’m officially accepting your offer, I’ll be over at your place in half an hour to sign the contracts and other things!”

“KRISTEN!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!! Ahh- I can’t believe it!  I have my dream Bella! I’ll see you then”

“Okay, Bye!” Just as I slipped my phone back into my pocket and headed back down the stairs with my car keys in hand, Dana, Taylor Cameron Mom and Dad erupted with a huge chorus of “CONGRADUALTIONS KRISTEN!” and gave me a huge, life-crushing hug, all five of them at once.

“Awe thanks guys, I’m headed to Catherine’s to sign the contracts right now, wish me luck”

“GOOD LUCK” and got crushed all over again. I bolted out the door, and yelled goodbye before they could get me another time. I loved them all so much, they are the most supportive people I have in my life and I’m so grateful to have them.