Chapter 14: Smiles and Sorrows

It’s been two weeks since my fight with Michael. We wrapped Twilight and we had a movie-wrap-celebration-party where literally everyone who stayed past 12 am got really high. Seeing Catherine drunk was hilarious, although she continues to refuse that that ever happened.  We finished recording the two songs that Catherine requested Rob to sing for the soundtrack, and Wyck was preparing for the premiers.  Over all, everyone behind the camera was busy with getting together the final piece, and everyone in front of the camera was the most relaxed we’ve been since we signed on to movie itself. We spent the last week just hanging out with each other, the gang went o Ash’s house yesterday night and we spent the day at Taylors the previous day. We all spent most evenings at my place or Robs. Rob rented a small cozy little apartment but had great music there, and I always cooked for all the guys. Once the gang left, I’d usually just crash at Robs place instead of driving all the way back to mine. Rob never dared to mention Michaels name since that night, but he never left my side, and he’d freak out if he got the slightest hint that I was upset. I think the way I reacted that night scared him a little bit, he’s seen me cry before but not like that. I was chopping up onions for dinner one night when Rob came in and grabbed a glass of water. He noticed that tears were spilling out of eyes and I was sniffling, he obviously didn’t put two and two together and processed the fact that I was cutting onions.  He just looked at me for less than a second and dropped his glass of water and ran over to me taking me in his arms and was frantically murmuring “It’s okay love” “Your fine, your fine, I’m here, Shh” and other things like that. I turned around in his arms and showed him the chopped up onions. He started laughing and kissed my cheek softly.

“You scared me Kris! Tell me when you’re chopping your onions next time before I break another one of your glasses” he chuckled and helped me clean it up. After we finished eating and did the dishes, I joined Rob in the bedroom and took out my laptop. Just as I pressed the on button, the screen showed that I had 26 unread emails, which was a norm these days. I opened up my email and sent all the 26 emails to junk without even looking at who sent it.

“Why do you not ever check your emails? What if it was me telling you there was a cat stuck on top of a tree?” he looked at me with Edwards crooked smile.

“There’s so many things wrong with what you just said Rob” I said rolling my eyes at the screen.

“Hey!” he said grabbing my waist. “It’s a perfectly rationale situation!”

“Yes Rob, for you it is”

“What’s that supposed to mean Kirsten?” he said pulling me onto his lap. I stayed put and rested my head there instead, looking up at him. He was running his hands through my hair, pushing my laptop aside.

“Kris, I know Michael called you the day after…you know…um…I didn’t want to mention it because you looked really upset afterwards and I didn’t want…to make it worse for you…but…” He took a deep breath and stroked my cheek with his thumb. “All I’m asking you is that…if you’re alright” I touched the hand he was stroking me with.

“Rob…Michael…I…I didn’t tell you did I? I was planning to, but I didn’t get a chance” he was holding his hand with both of mine, and he kept stroking my hair with his free one.

“No you didn’t”

“Well, okay so he called me the day after and…”