Chapter 4: The Talk

I got into my room, and got ready for bed. I pulled on my old Kings of Leon T-shirt and some shorts and got into bed. Hours went by and I still couldn’t sleep. Tossing and turning, yawning like crazy, I still couldn’t keep my eyes closed for more than five seconds. The only thing going through my mind was Rob. It’s a miracle we found him. Well, more like he found us. That kiss, he gave everything into that kiss. The way he traced his fingers along my jaw, he the way he gripped my back and clung me as close to him as possible, the way he cleared his throat and pecked my lips after she called cut- all those things- there was something there. His immense passion wasn’t just acting. At least that’s what I thought. What I hoped. That’s when Michael came zooming into my head. Michael, my boyfriend, I can’t keep thinking like this, hoping like this with Rob when I have Michael! I tried to stop, I really did but Rob just wouldn’t leave my head, and Catherine wasn’t much of a help.

KNOCK KNOCK! “Are you awake Kristen? Can I come in?”

“Mhm”

“Sorry, I couldn’t sleep, you too huh?”

“Yeah”

“Whats keeping you up?”

“Rob” she started giggling.

“Me too” she was quiet for a while, she looked like she wanted to say something but was debating whether to say it or not.

“What’s up Cath?”

“Rob…He flew in all the way from London! Just to meet y-“

“Catherine! What are you talking about?’

“I…He…I think he likes you” God Catherine could be suck a teen sometimes,

“And…?” knowing she wanted to say more.

“You two mesh nice”

Mesh nice? What the he-“

“I think he likes you. A lot. What do you think?”

“Mm…I… Hahaha…I think so too” trying to lighten up the tense atmosphere.

“Do you…I mean I know, Michael, but…Kristen…I think you do too, Rob I mean” I didn’t know what to say. I hadn’t really thought about that. I didn’t want to, I already knew the answer. I knew Rob and I were going to be great friends, he’s not those guys who’ll follow you around desperate to date you, and he was really sweet, and insightful.

“Catherine even if I do…I don’t…Cath this isn’t something that as easy as saying yes, we haven’t even gotten the whole cast yet and…Look, I like him, I really do. He’s perfect for Edward, we need him. This, doesn’t matter Cath, I know and so do you, as does he, that he and I can do this. Twilight. Make it perfect. Together. Without any further complications.”

“It’s okay, you don’t need to say more… Are you sure He’s the one. We could do a few more auditions. Play the field a little more.” She was a bit hesitant to say it, but as pretty and amazing as Rob was, Catherine wasn’t sure if he was The One. To be honest, I knew he was, but the fact that we auditioned literally thousands of people, and found only one that was remotely close to what we were looking for… wasn’t really reassuring. There had to be more qualified guys out there, but the question was, did we want to look for him? Did we need to look for him?

“Catherine, I know you know what I’m thinking. Rob is perfect, but he’s perfect for me. As in, a perfect co-star. I’m sure there’s a lot of other guys in many more states that looks decent and can act, but we aren’t going to find anybody that’s so… so… I don’t know… like him” I was at a loss to explain what Rob was. “He… he’s humble, honest, sweet, sensitive… this could go on forever, you get the point. Him being a good actor and looking good are just sides. Bonuses. It’s vice versa with every other guy we auditioned and I’m pretty sure all the others will be like that too. I’m convinced with Rob.” I stated, hoping Cath would get it.