Chapter 3: The Audition

“Let’s get upstairs to her bedroom, that’s where we’ll be doing your audition” He looked really dumbfounded. “What?” I asked.

“Nothing, I just…well…I kind of forgot about the audition…” and all his anxiety and nervousness came back to him within a second, like he was electrocuted or something.

“Wow, hey, don’t worry, don’t be nervous, you were fine a second ago. Think about it this way, out of ten thousand people who auditioned, you’re the only one who Cath selected to bring to her own house to do an audition. That’s impressive.” He seemed a bit calmer now. I instinctively grabbed his wrist and pulled him up the rest of the stairs and to her bedroom with me. Catherine came in with two glasses of water and looked down at our hands. I let go of his instantly.

“The audition hasn’t even started and you two already have more chemistry than anyone else I’ve seen!” she said, somewhat to herself. I peeked over at Rob from the corner of my eye and saw his mouth twitch. He was trying not to smile. I felt myself doing the same thing.

“Okay let’s get started, first we’ll do the meadow scene, then the first kiss, and yes Rob you have to kiss her” this time she winked AT HIM!

“And ACTION!”

Rob was really good. Much better than Cath and I expected. The meadow scene was perfect with him, and the way he looked at me (at Bella) was like he, like he could see inside my soul, and I the same. That was a very profound and special moment. Like I could trust him with anything in the world. Cath realized that too, and at that moment she and I knew we had our Edward, even though we didn’t even do the kiss scene yet. We ended the first part of his audition with Catherine hugging him, Rob blushing and saying “No no, I’m not that good, really” me, well I was a little dazed. It was five minutes until midnight and Cath asked me and Rob to stay the night. I said sure, Rob wasn’t as comfortable with her yet, she didn’t notice. I pulled him aside, tried to make him feel more at ease.

“Rob, she always does this, I’ve already spent like 4 or 5 days with her, she’ll be offended if you don’t. She really likes you, and not to psych you out, but I’m pretty damn sure you got the part- don’t tell her I said that. We still have part 2 of your audition and that would be unprofessional” God I say way too much around him. He looked like he understood where I was coming from, he gave me a curt nod and went and told Catherine he’ll be staying the night. Cath was ecstatic.

  “Okay children”, she giggled, “Let’s get this party started! Kris, go sit on the bed cross-legged, Rob stand at the foot of the bed and start the scene when I say-“

“ACTION!” Rob and I screamed, Catherine looked terrified. We all doubled over laughing.

“Um…Children? I’m 21!” Rob mock-yelled. It’s good he’s starting to relax again.

“Okay, Okay enough, let’s finish this, you two can practice scaring me to hell after”

Rob and I exchanged mischievous glances, he seemed to be thinking the same thing I was. Actually he seemed to be doing that since I first laid my eyes on him.

“And ACTION!”

Rob immediately got into character and started flawlessly.

“’I want to try something, but you have to be very still’” he whispered, the exact lines from the script.

I complied, and remained frozen, he leaned in closer and closer, one centimeter closer to my lips each second that passed. He was taking his time, making it thorough. I drew in a deep, sharp breath. At this moment we were communicating with our eyes. I was as nervous as hell, but his eyes, saying not to worry, calmed me down. He was literally a millimeter away from my face when he exhaled, and his sweet breath fell on my tongue. It was beautiful, and before I had time to register his sweetness, his lips smoldered mine and he trailed his long fingers against my jaw, down towards my throat. Without thinking, I knotted my small hands in his thick greasy hair and deepened the kiss more than I knew was possible. He tasted like honey, and tea, it was amazing. He opened his eyes for a second, just as I opened mine and at that moment, we were one. Nothing else mattered anymore besides Rob. He absolutely HAD to get this part. Catherine was worried about chemistry, we definitely had it, and an amazing thing was, he felt the same way I did.  I knew that. His eyes, his lips, his hands screamed that.

“C-CUT!” Catherine’s voice broke a bit and that snapped both us back to reality. He quickly, but gently let go of my face as I detangled my hands from his hair. He gently pecked my lips one more time –for Cath’s sake, I think- and let go of me completely. Yet again, I was dazed. He was perfect.

“Th-that was incredible. Rob, how do you do that? It’s like I was being kissed like that, I can’t imagine Kristen’s position. Damn boy, you’re a devil!” Catherine said, flabbergasted. Rob chuckled and sneaked a peek at me, like I was doing to him all night.

“Well, Kris what do you think? Great kissing skills huh?” he joked, but immediately said right after, “I’m kidding. Sorry, I don’t think I did too well” I thought he was just being cocky but I looked at him and he was sincere. He really didn’t think he did well, let alone amazing.

“What are you talking about Rob? If you don’t get this part, then I quit. That- That was a really good audition Rob, the best I’ve ever seen, and I’ve sat through literally thousands. You should be proud of yourself” I could  sense that Rob was a bit insecure, okay maybe a lot, but that made me like him that much more.

“Thanks Kristen.” He mimicked Edwards’s perfect crooked smile. That had a spontaneous effect on me, and he knew that.

“Well Rob, Kristen and I will do some discussing over the weekend and we’ll call you once we have a verdict”

“Shouldn’t his phone be ringing now then?” I said humorously. Rob gave a look that said really? And Catherine gave me the same look but meant it differently.

“What’s your number Rob?” she asked, ignoring me.

“Here give me your guys’ phones, I’ll write it in” he took Catherine’s and typed up his number, then he offered me his hand. I gave my phone to him, not realizing I didn’t unlock it.

“It’s locked” he said, looking at me confusedly.

“Its 0409” I said under my breath so only he would hear. He handed my phone back with his number in it and a selfie for the picture.

“Hmm, well somebody’s photogenic. It’s not fair!” he flashed me a wicked grin. I just rolled my eyes at him.

“You guys should get some sleep, Rob come with me, I’ll show you your room, Night’ Kristen” Cath smiled. Rob looked a bit uncomfortable, he mumbled a quick “G’night” and followed Cath.