Chapter 15: My Everything

I woke up with my hair fanned out all over my face and some sort of liquid all over my mouth. I twitched one of my eyes open and I immediately realized I was drooling. I sat up and attempted to wipe it off but I gasped. Not only had I been drooling in my sleep, but there was a huge drool stain on Robs t-shirt. I freaked out. Much to my displeasure, he fluttered his eyes open between all this and was smirking directly at me.

“Was it raining in here?” he teased and touched the wet spot on his shirt. I just about died. He chuckled and took out a napkin and wiped my mouth. “Hmm, I must look very nice while I sleep for all this to happen” he mused. I took the hardest pillow and smacked it on his face and ran away to the bathroom and closed the door. “HEY!” I heard him scream; I let out a small giggle and turned around to face the mirror. That’s when I slowly started remembering last night. The tears the laughs. The pain the joy. The happiness and hurt. But in the end, the love. He meant so much to me, I couldn’t even explain it to myself. Just then, the door of the bathroom burst open, and Rob attacked me. Dammit! I forgot to lock the stinkin’ door!

“Your horrible at hiding” he laughed against my neck.

“Hmmph”

“Someone’s grouchy this morning. It wasn’t raining too much Kristen don’t worry. Look I’m all dry” He grinned then added in a very quiet whisper “For now” I spun around in his arms and was about to slap him, but he caught my hand and brought it to his lips. I gave him the nastiest glare I could produce. Much to his amusement, he picked me up off the floor and ran outside of the bathroom.

“How old are you Rob?”  all he replied was,

“It talks! IT TALKS!!!”

“I’M GOING TO KILL YOU ROBERT”

“Not if I do it first” and he yanked my arms and weaved them around his waist, and bared his teeth. “Don’t forget that my diet is blood” he threatened and he softly, so not to hurt me but to prove his statement, bit me on my neck, but kissed it after. He set me on my feet and backed away a couple steps and raised his arms in surrender. I laughed loudly and went back into the bathroom, securely locking the door.

---

As we ate breakfast, Rob was blabbering about some movie he found in a garage sale last week that was from the 1940’s and how he loved it so much that he wanted to throw a movie night party just to watch it. My mind was elsewhere. Rob’s flight was at 6:30 today, which means I had 7 hours left with him. He finished his food, and washed his dishes, he then came back to the table and sat beside me instead of opposite me. He used his hand to push a lock of my hair out of my face and behind my ears, as he was lightly touching the ends of my hair.

“I won’t be gone for too long, just up until the premier” he murmured against my ear. I was taken by surprise at how he knew what I was thinking about.

“How did you…”

“It’s ironic because the character your playing is supposed to be so hard to read that even a vampire cant access her mind, yet your facial expressions are so easy to read, you don’t even need to say anything for me to understand what’s bothering you”

 “Well gee thanks Rob!” I said sarcastically, he chuckled and pulled me towards him.

“Don’t you have to pack?” I asked sadly.

“Oh, right, I forgot, do you want to help me” he asked cutely.

“Sure, let’s go” I brought out all his clothes stooped in the closet and drawers and dumped them on the bed as he got his suitcase. Once I started putting the clothes into the luggage itself, did it sink in that I won’t see him for the next how many weeks?  I didn’t even notice what Rob was stashing in the other suitcase- wait why did he have another suitcase, this one is more than enough room for him. I looked over to see half my clothes neatly folded in the suitcase.