Chapter 2: Him

--- (After finished the paperwork, a week later at Edward auditions with Catherine) ---

“Well, its been six hours and I’m not that convinced with any of them yet, ha-ha, your lips are probably really sore”

“Ha-ha yeah sort of, but don’t worry Cath, we’ll find him, and he’ll be perfect”

“It’s not just that he has to look pretty he has be a good enough actor, and you two need to have a very profound chemistry and that last bit- I’m not getting it with anyone!” she exclaimed somewhat frustrated. We agreed to audition 15 more people and then call it a day. The next guy looks nice but I don’t know, don’t think he’ll be it. Catherine agreed

“Next” she called after his audition. The next boy in line seemed nice but-

“Thank you so much for auditioning but I don’t think your appearance suits the role for this character, maybe you could try for a role that doesn’t have so much pressure to look like a model” Catherine smiled, she said it as nicely as possible but he still left the room hurt. The next guy auditioning has been looking really tense and nervous for the past hour but he finally smirked a little when he heard the last comment. He immediately recovered and looked as nervous as hell again when I peeked at him. He was really… handsome. Not like, cocky in-your-face handsome but sober, I’m-a-nervous-wreck handsome, which he obviously didn’t know. I was diggin’ it. As he stepped forward, Catherine began her intro for the thousandth time today.

“Hello, so as you know I’m Catherine, this here is Kristen.”

“Hullo, I’m Rob, I…I’m f-from England and-“he was sweating and going a little red, he also had an English accent, that Catherine –and I surprisingly- loved. He had that messy, shaggy, greasy hair, thick eyebrows, and ice blue eyes and well, hell, he was tall.

“Ha, It’s alright um…Rob, so it says in your resume- WAIT! Your Cedric? CEDRIC DIGGORY? Like from Harry Potter?! I knew you looked familiar- WOW, your pretty”

“Ahem, Cath” She was having a bit of a teen-fan girl-moment which was a little unprofessional, but- wow Harry Potter! I think He’s the one, he’s not cocky like all the other guys who auditioned, he seemed humble, and I liked him.

“Yes, I indeed was in Harry Potter, not much experience besides that I’m afraid” Yup, humble and sincere

Catherine finally got herself together, “Alright let’s get started, Kristen, Rob, from the scene where they have their first kiss”

“And acti- WAIT! Kristen, may I speak to you for a second, Rob just wait honey, we won’t be long”

“Sure” Rob and I said in unison, and looked at each other, he looked even more nervous than before, and to be honest, I was getting a bit nervous too, something I haven’t felt all day. He gave me a weak, small smile which I returned and next thing you know, my neck was drenched with sweat. Damn this guy has quite an effect on people.

“Shh, Hey Kristen” Cath, whispered.

“What?”

“I’m thinking we should move this audition to my house”

“Really?”

“Yeah, and if he doesn’t make it, we’ll call it a day, I’m way too exhausted to do this anymore today”

“Okay, Sure Catherine. I’ll go tell Rob” and she winked at me! Winked! Cath is more of a teenager than I am. Speaking of teens, how old is this Rob?

“Hey Rob?” he whisked around

“Um…Y-yes?”

“We are actually going to take this audition to a different venue, do you mind? How long are you here for?”

“No no, I don’t mind, I actually flew in from London this morning, and I’m here… well… as long as I want I guess” he smiled again. That caught me off guard. I was frozen.

“Kr-Kristen, um… are…you…uh…Catherine’s waiting so…”

“Wha- Oh yeah, let’s go” He seemed clearly amused by my reaction. I got into the backseat of Catherine’s car and he joined in after me. Just then, my phone BINGED.

Michael: Hey Kristen, me and the boys are flying to Chicago for the weekend, thought you should know, see you, bye J

I turned my phone off and looked at Rob, he was staring out the window, staring at L.A, clearly never been here before. Catherine realized it too.

“So first time in L.A? It’s beautiful isn’t it?”

“Yeah, it’s very, very pretty” I smiled, in despite of myself, he pronounced pretty like Prih-tay. He seemed a lot more relaxed, tired too.

“Is your entire family from England?” I asked anxiously.

“Yes, what about you? You’re originally from the states?”

“Yeah, from here, L.A actually, both my parents are from here, as well as my two brothers- well obviously- but I also have another brother- Dana- who we adopted.” I don’t know why I said all that, I usually don’t talk much to people I don’t know, but something about him, maybe his kind eyes or nervous smile, but he made me feel comfortable, like I knew him from a long time.

“Wow! That’s amazing, adopted! It’s nice, you speak like you really care about your family, that’s sweet” this guy catches me off guard a lot. I was a bit speechless, just a minute ago he was so nervous he was stuttering, now he’s talking to me like we’re really good friends. I loved that.

“Uh- yeah-thanks, I…do” he gave me that teasing look again, again I was amusing him with my abrupt reactions. Great.

“You have two sisters right?”

“Yes, Elizabeth and Victoria, both older than I am” I smirked this time. He was so British, so was his family. Typical Brit names. Just then Catherine looked at me through the rear view mirror and asked,

“Didn’t you have plans with Michael tonight Kristen?” I don’t know why she’d ask that, she knows I never have plans with him, and like, Robs right there- Wait, that’s why she asked.

“No, he’s going to Chicago with his guys this weekend”

“Who’s Michael?” Rob asked a bit too curiously.

“Michael is Kristen’s Boyfriend” Catherine answered, although he asked me… why is Cath so eager about this? I looked over at Rob and he had on a weird expression. I couldn’t read it. Sort of like I already knew but had to ask.

“How’s your love life Rob?” Cath asked, again with way too much enthusiasm.

“Hah, funny, I mean great! A 21 year old single man who still lives with his parents, it’s great!” he said sarcastically. Catherine and Rob were giggling, I decided to join along. Before we knew it, we were parked on Catherine’s driveway. Rob looked a bit shocked. He probably thought we were going to some professional building.

“Kristen, take Rob inside, show him around, I’ll meet you guys in my bedroom” and she winked at me AGAIN! Rob caught this one and started laughing.

“Funny eh? I’ll show you” and I fake-stormed off, with him trailing behind me.

“Kris?” I whirled around, he called me Kris?

“Uh…yeah?"

“It’s okay if I call you that right? Kris-ten is a mouthful” he literally pronounced ‘ten’.

I started laughing at that. “Look who’s talking Rob-ert Patt-in-son.” I said trying to enunciate the syllables distinctly. He started laughing too. It’s crazy how comfortable we feel with each other, and it’s been what- 45 minutes?