Chapter 5: Morning Already?

Surprisingly, my eyes were closed and hard to open. I forced them open and saw that my head was on his stomach, my hair all over my face, which he was trying to clear. He was humming a sweet tune, it was beautifully melodious. I gasped, apparently too hard. He jumped in his seat.

“What? What’s wrong?” he asked a little alarmed. I got my head off his stomach and sat up. He stopped humming.

“Did I fall asleep? On you?” He chuckled and smiled.

“Mhm” he said, he clearly didn’t mind that.

“God I’m such an ass. I’m sorry”

“No you’re not, and don’t be sorry, I don’t mind, really” I gave up. I couldn’t be upset around him.

“I believe you” and smirked. Just then, Catherine knocked on the door.

“Come in” we both said. She walked in and didn’t seem surprised at all at the fact that I was in the room too.

“How was your guys’ night?” to which Rob replied idiotically,

“Neither of us got much sleep, Kristen passed out about two hours ago, and I…I couldn’t sleep at all”

“Because Kristen was sleeping with you?” Catherine gave Rob and I a nasty look.

“Catherine!!! Shut up! I…We…Didn’t”

“Its okay Kris, I get your embarrassed, no need to make up excuses”

“No Catherine I swear!”

“Mhm, yeah, okay, Hey Rob, how was it? I need all the details” Rob laughed.

“Oh, it was great!” they both started guffawing.

“Guys!” I couldn’t help it, I started laughing like a maniac with them too.

“Okay, okay, let’s get to business. Kristen, may I speak with you privately for a moment?”

“Yeah sure” I said, but she was already out the door.

“Kris?” Rob whispered.

“Hmm?”

“Remember what you promised me”

“Of course” I said a bit breathlessly, he smiled and nodded. I left the room and headed into the kitchen, Cath was making coffee.

“Have a seat Kris”

“Okay but Catherine I need to tell you something”

“I’ve made my decision on whether to- wait what is it Kristen?”

“I understand why you’re a bit hesitant with Rob, I get it, and I’d be like that too if I was the director. Look Catherine, Rob might not be perfect, but frankly, nobody’s perfect. Yes, we can go looking for some other people but…but…Catherine I need him. I need Rob. He…I can trust him, I can tell him anything, and he the same. As selfish as this sounds, I’m not trying to be, but I need a friend not a manikin on set with me. This is a really big project and I’ve been doubting myself on whether I can actually do it or not since the day I signed on. I almost quit a couple times, but Catherine, Rob makes that all go away. He thinks the same way I do, and we can do this together better than by ourselves. He calms me down, I can actually talk to him Cath, and Rob, and you know how nervous he can get. He is committed, fully, he-like me- is doubting himself, and again like my situation I make that go away in him too. That’s the only think deterring his full commitment. He’s an amazing actor, he’s so emotional and you said yourself he makes you feel like you’re in the scene yourself. He’s just what we…what I need.” I was a bit ashamed admitting this to her but surprisingly, she didn’t look upset, she looked pleased, thoughtful. She walked over to my side and took my hands in hers.

“Kristen, I never knew you felt that way? Why didn’t you tell me? I think your right though. We really don’t need a manikin do we?” she smiled. I shook my head. She laughed softly.

“He is a really emotional, thought-provoking actor isn’t he?” I nodded.

“I know what you mean by Rob calming you down and vice versa, he has this effect on you that I can’t even explain, and you, you have a tremendous effect on Rob as well. He’s so comfortable around you. It’s like you’ve known each other for years”

“And…” I said, knowing she was going to say more.

“I think he’ll be perfect, as a friend to you, as a gem to our cast, and as a fantastic actor to play Edward.”

“So…It’s him?”

“Mhm” I practically threw myself at her, she started coughing I hugged her so hard. I was so happy. I guess I squealed a little too, Rob came in looking shocked.

“What was that mouse noise?” he asked. I got myself off Catherine and ran into Rob’s arms. He hugged me back asking, “What are you so happy about? Hmm?” I inhaled his scent, he smelled like…like home. I don’t know how to explain it, its not cologne or anything, its his own scent and I loved it. I peeked up at him and saw him staring down at me.

“Nothing” I mumbled against his shirt.

“Really? I think a squeak like that ought to mean something” he chuckled against my hair. I looked over at Catherine, she was smiling, she looked over at me, gave me a slight nod and left the kitchen.

“Should I be happy too?”

“It depends…would you?”

“I think I would, whatever’s got you smiling like that it’s worth getting happy over” I felt his lips on my hair. This moment was perfect.