Chapter 6: The Guys in My Life

----- (After the whole cast is finalized, everything is ready, filming starts in Friday) -----

Michael and I were watching Duck Dynasty when I got a text from Rob.

“Who texted you”? Michael asked, popcorn overflowing out of his mouth. I laughed and threw a rag at his face.

“You’re gross” I said sarcastically. “It’s Rob”

“Oh, hey do you guys have your script memorized yet? Shooting starts soon”

“Um…Rob has most of it, I…I’m getting there, I think that’s what he’s texting about. He’s supposed to come over around 5:30 to go over our scripts”

“He’s been over for the last week, how much do you guys get done?” he laughed looking at me skeptically.

“Not much” I answered honestly. Michael liked Rob, they were cool, and Mike was totally okay with me and Rob hanging at my place, Mike would just make up an excuse to leave. It always got a bit awkward with the three of us. I checked my phone to see what Rob texted.

Rob: HEY! J Chris, I can’t find my script, FREAKING OUT!

Me: God shut up, CHRIS?!?! Calm down, it’s with me, you left it on the dining table yesterday. I think Jella got to it though… L

Rob: WHAT? I swear that cat 😒!!!!!

Me: Don’t you trash talk my baby

Rob: I’m not, I love Jella, your just jealous because she ran to me yesterday when you called her 😜

Me: Yeah sure… Like I’d be jealous of you

Rob: AWWW! That’s sweet. Now, my script?!

Me: It’s resting under mine in my air conditioned room, don’t worry J

Rob: Thanks CHRIS-10 I’ll see you 😎

I turned off my phone. Michael looked like he wanted to ask me something.

“What’s up Mike?”

“Hmm? Ha-ha Rob has a crush on you”

“Yeah, and…”

“Has he told you?”

“Only about a million times, he calls me a ‘lad’”

“Hahaha, Lad eh? He’s funny. That sounds like a pirate”

“Yeah, hilarious” I said rolling my eyes.

“Kris I got to leave, the boys and I are going to The Keg”

“Okay…”

“Hey” he took my face in his hands and asked softly, “You don’t mind right? Rob will be with you right?”

“Of course not” and that was the truth. I would be a little hurt if he just left me alone but I was used to it by now and I will have Rob with me. Rob was, like, my best friend, Michael knew that, but Mike didn’t really feel like a boyfriend, he just felt like another one of my best friends.  We talked and hung out like friends, it’s just he’d kiss me now and then and hug me in a boyfriend-ish way, that’s about it. I didn’t really mind. To me, Mike was a reliable, close friend, to him, I was the same, but to everyone else, we were an inseparable couple. Ironic how we are always separated. We’d been “together” for almost a year. Michael gave my hand a squeeze and left. Twenty minutes later, the doorbell rang. Rob.

“Hullo mate”

“Hi Rob, hey wh-“before I knew it Jella came running, ran past me, and sat herself down on Robs feet, nuzzling against his legs.

Forever: The Beauty of Robstenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें