Chapter 12: His Voice

Chapter 12

We settled in Oregon well, we mostly stayed in our hotel rooms but sometimes we slept in our trailers. All those late nights, no one wanted to drive all the way to Sheraton which was about a 45-60 minute drive to where we were usually filming. Rob, Taylor and I always hung out together. The three of us became really close, especially me and Rob. We finished all of the scenes which had the school in it and all the ones that had the Cullen’s house in it. Catherine was really pleased with our progress, and very happy with our acting. We were done the La push scene as well as well as the Port Angeles one. Today was the first kiss, the one Rob and like three thousand other men auditioned for. Rob was a nervous wreck. He was freaking out but trying super hard not to show it, which made it that much worse. The kid was sweating so much Sia; our make-up artist had to “retouch” his face 20 times the past hour. We were waiting for it to get sunny, which was forecasted but we were having no luck. Taylor had the day off, again, as well as the rest of the Cullens and we needed no extras today either. Only Edward, Bella, and Charlie were needed. Billy went off somewhere about  a half hour ago and no one knows where he went, he wasn’t needed at this moment so he was excused, not so much leniency for Rob and I…

“Rob you have like three guitars in here, why’d you bring in another?” his trailer was filled with records and CDs and he had a keyboard and a huge karaoke thing with a microphone that everyone loved messing with.  The space was pretty small but I loved it there. The walls were a light sunset-orange colour and he had a cute and very comfy white leather sofa and matching recliner in there. The recliner was my favourite part. I often fell asleep on that thing curled up in his huge fluffy blanket that I stole from him.  He plopped himself on the sofa opposite me and opened up the case.

“You can never have too many guitars Kristen!” he replied sounding annoyed. I rolled my eyes at him.

“Cath keeps texting ‘Where’d you guys run off to this time?’ and stuff like that”

“It’s still glum out there, we won’t start yet”

“Glum?”

“Yeah, it’s grey and glum” he looked past me towards the window and looked down. “Shh, listen” and he began strumming a beautiful tune and humming a melodious song. I recognized it; it was one of his own. Then he did something he didn’t dare do in front of anyone. He parted lips and began singing. His voice made my heart break every time I heard it. It was husky and filled with emotion and just so beautiful.

Standing there by the broken tree,
her hands were all twisted, she was pointing at me.
I was damned by the light coming out of her eyes.
She spoke with a voice that disrupted the sky.
She said 'Walk on over yeah to the bit of shade,
I will wrap you in my arms and you'll know you've been saved'
Let me sign, let me sign, can't fight the devil so just let me sign.

He paused and drank some water that I had ready and put down his guitar. He looked at me questionably, and slowly got up and came towards me. He stretched out his hand, knelt down, and cupped my face, using his fingers to brush away the silent tears that were trailing down the sides of my cheeks. He stayed silent yet I heard everything he said. I managed to let out a smile which he returned. It filled my heart. My reactions were a lot worse when he played the piano, and when he sang alongside it, I’d lose it altogether.