⌜ thirty eight ⌟

can you sense the book ending?

don't wake daddy up.❞ donghyuck placed his index finger on top of his lips to silence the baby up

the baby tilted his head ❝why?

🕓

mark ran a hand through the younger's hair. it was already a habit and he loved that habit.

don't you think it's time for you to wake up?❞ mark smiled, it wasn't a kind of smile where he was happy.

it was a forced smile. where in you have a lot of things in mind, a lot of problems to solve, a lot of everything but you can't cry nor frown so you just smile because that's all you can do. that's all mark can do.

mark hummed ❝you're missing a lot.❞ hearing himself say that made him laugh ❝what am i saying, i'm also missing a lot of things.

mark stared outside the window and watched the clouds pass by. he may not admit it but deep inside missed going out. one week passed by after going out because jeno told him to. he wanted to go out again but is afraid to leave donghyuck alone. there was no jeno, no jaemin, no renjun, no jisung, nor chenle to watch donghyuck.

or maybe if he ask for permission, he could go out without feeling guilty for leaving someone behind alone.

his gaze went back to donghyuck who was sleeping soundly ❝can i go out?

if only donghyuck could answer him. would it be a yes? will donghyuck be fine if mark leaves him? can mark go out? what if donghyuck didn't want mark to leave?

even if it would be a yes, even if donghyuck wanted mark to go out ❝i don't want to leave you alone.

it wasn't like he was going out for how many hours. a walk around the park would do, it would just take him thirty minutes or so. he just want to have fresh air. mark just want to be alone, but doesn't want donghyuck to be alone. he wanted to call for jeno and the others but as far as he knows, classes don't end until 5 and it's still 2.

should i wait?❞ his stomach then grumbled, complaining that he haven't eaten since lunch.

jeno and the others couldn't visit since they had something to do during lunch break and mark also didn't want to go out and buy food.