8

We all knew who was going to go first.

Craving was crying.

"You have 1 minute..." Lust stated.

It was kinder than I had ever seen her be before.

I couldn't imagine what he was going through. I just wished we would have had more time. I wished there would have been some sort of miracle to give us more time. To give HIM more time. We all knew though.

I tapped Craving on his back.

No...it wasn't Craving.

"Ardor, say your goodbyes..."

Ardor and Craving went into a corner. There was something about Lust however. There was something human about the way she was doing it. She gave them their time. I watched as they hugged. I watched as they kissed. I watched as they cried. I wanted to tell Ardor there was a worse way to go. I wanted to tell Ardor what I had seen with Wrath.

I wanted to give him some sort of comfort but in the end really I believed that Craving had been giving him comfort this entire time. Craving had known that it was only a matter of time before Ardor was going to go. Ardor knew it just as well.

I closed my eyes when it happened.

I didn't look when it happened.

"Don't you dare cry," Urge told me.

"I won't."

"You cried enough."

Lust had told the rest of us to line up. It was clear that Ardor wasn't going to be the only one to not make it to rank 4. It was clear there was going to be another one when she asked us to line up. She passed Craving. She passed Passion. She passed Allure. She passed stopped at Glamour.

"No...no..."

Glamour was the next one to go. I had wondered if it was going to be her but I hadn't been paying too much attention to whether she had improved or not.

Glamour didn't take it sitting down. She tried to attack Lust.

Urge stated, "Idiot..."

She didn't make it very far. She two steps and got two bullets to her brain. I looked away again. It was getting easier unfortunately. Even with Craving still shedding tears, it was getting easier to see people die.

We were all surprised when she KEPT walking. It couldn't have been Romance. Could it? No. She walked past Romance. Romance's eyes got wide as she let out a deep breath. It seemed like she hadn't even realized her best friend Glamour was dead until Lust past her.

What the fuck?
Lust kept walking down the line.

She walked past Urge. She walked past me.

She stopped.

She took a step back.

She was standing in front of my face! She was fucking standing in front of my face! Craving seemed to start crying almost immediately. Lust was staring at me. Her eyes seemed to say it all.

"No...you're wrong!" Urge stated going off.

Everyone was kind of shocked. It was unlike Urge to lose control. When Lust was staring at me he seemed like he was about to do something rash and crazy. I was breathing hard but my breathing was controlled. I was calm in this situation. Even facing death I was somewhat calm in this situation, but Urge wasn't having it.

"Your scores barely passed, I'm deciding if you're worth it," she stated.

"Barely passed?" Urge stated, "That's bullshit. He got perfect scores. I made sure of it. I trained him myself."