Chapter Two

Chapter Two: Mac

        I step out of my shared bathroom, brushing out my long raven hair. A towel is wrapped around my body and covers my small breasts. Walking towards my large wooden wardrobe, I set my damp towel on top of my made-to-perfection bed.

        The wardrobe is the kind with two large doors and has little-clawed feet at the bottom. I pull open the doors and open a drawer. Taking out a pair of black jeans and a white blouse with ruffles at the top, I grab undergarments and socks.

         My training gear sits at the bottom of my bed, slightly dirty from training before going after the rogue. Instead of being a one-piece like the lower ranking wolves in tracking, mine has two pieces. The long sleeved shirt and leggings cover almost every inch of my body but don't restrict my movement or make me hot.

         Unlike the training gear for the newbies, my outfit is made of colored leather. Majority of the gear is dark brown, though it has highlights of green, signifying my status as a Second. There is a number three on my thick leather pauldron which is a kind of shoulder pad covering my left shoulder. It signifies my tracking squadron.

        I place my clothing on my bed before dropping my towel and swiftly pulling the clothing on. I share a bathroom with the girl next door, each of us having a door that opens to the bathroom in the middle. She tends to pick the lock on my door and barge in whenever she feels like it.

         Unlike me, she's a regular pack member. Not holding an Omega or high rank or being a runt. She tends to help out with the warriors and holds a lower rank since she tends to train the pack pups instead of help out with patrols.

        As I go to slip on my blouse, my eyes catch my reflection in the mirror. Under the bottom of my bra is a bruise that is the size of the circle you would make if you put your index finger and thumb together. It's dark grayish-green color stands out against my barely tanned skin.

        A creak in the bathroom is my only warning before my bathroom buddy barges into my room. Before I can manage to slip my blouse the rest of the way over my torso, her eyes stray to the small bruise.

        "Whoa! What happened?" she asks me, looking at the bruise in worry. I roll my eyes at her. The bruise is small and will most likely be gone in two days.

        "The rogue that I caught a few hours ago rolled over me and pressed my ribs into a rock. Honestly, it'll be gone in a few days, Leah," I tell her. She tends to worry about me since I heal slower than other wolves.

        I slip the blouse the rest of the way on before grabbing a pair of black shoes by the wardrobe. I turn around and look at her still worried frown. Her hair is somewhat damp and fluffy as she showered before I did. She has dark blue jeans on, a black long-sleeved lace shirt, and white shoes on.

         Though we don't have to dress up while eating at the pack house, most of the pack do since it shows respect to our Alpha. Also, the whole pack only eats dinner together with the Alpha three times a week. The other times he is busy in his office or holding dinner parties with other Alphas while discussing treaties and such.

        The other four days of the week we dress casual and aren't as formal. The Alpha tries to get us to be less formal, but we all are used to it from our previous Alpha. Our previous Alpha abused his powers on the pack and we all used to have to wear formal clothing all the time to show respect.

        I was seven when my current Alpha challenged and killed our previous one. Alpha Quill was sent from the Alpha King to see why our pack barely had any wolves that would come to the castle on the Full Moon Festival every year.