Chapter Three

Chapter Three: Royalty

        Everyone almost immediately quiets down as a powerful aura fills the hall. One by one, everyone's head turns to face the main entrance of the hall. The two large wooden doors are open and two powerful figures, surrounded by wolves clad in very expensive armor, stand between them.

        One of them is Alpha Quill, while the other is one of the most powerful creatures on Earth. The King of Wolves. The Alpha King. Everyone stares at the two, mainly the Alpha of Alphas.

        I am one of many to slide out of my seat and kneel onto one knee almost immediately. I cross my chest with my right my hand as I bare my throat to the Alphas. Within a matter of seconds, everyone is on one knee and baring their throat to the powerful and highly respective wolves.

        It's an instinct that was driven into us from our previous Alpha. To show immediate respect to any wolves above us. And those wolves include our Alpha, and obviously, the King.

        I listen as the powerful wolves and their entourage walk through the center of the room to the center table facing the pack. The group comes close to me and I have to stop myself from shifting to properly submit to my Alphas. I heard a few of the Omegas and other runts shift, though. I lift my head about an inch as the group walks past me, however, as a curious scent filling my nose.

        It smells like the various evergreens outside along with the cool scent of the air after it rains. And obviously, it has the scent of a powerful pack wolf in it.

      Everyone keeps their eyes trained to the ground, catching glimpses of the black boots that the guard wolves are wearing, along with the end of their sword sheaths. I have no doubt that those swords are so sharp that it will only take one clean swipe to decapitate anyone.

        The group stops in front of the high ranking's table. I feel the strong aura come closer to me. Must be the King, I think to myself.

        "Whisper Howl," a strong male voice calls out. "Please, arise and take your seats. Your Alpha is to make a speech to you all."

        I slowly rise after a few moments of hesitation. I look around, spotting around forty wolves in their wolf forms starting to shift back, having shifted in the powerful aura of the Alpha King. I swiftly take my seat next to Mac as my Alpha steps forward.

         "Tonight, the King has come for our help. He is in need of Warrior and Tracking wolves for his pack. A very powerful wolf has been traveling across our nation, killing numerous. He asks for our help, your help," my Alpha states, his voice clear and booming.

        I nod to him, knowing that I will most likely not be chosen simply for the fact that I am a runt. There are stronger and higher ranking wolves than me, I think to myself. They will most likely choose squads One and Two, and probably Mack out of my squad. The Alpha will have to choose a wolf to replace Mac as squad leader.

          I nod to myself, understanding that I will have to get used to a new squad leader. This squad leader will most likely not be quite fond of runts, most not liking my kind.

         "Tonight," my Alpha continues. "We will feast before lining up in rank order in training field."

        The King takes over, "Like my brother stated, you will line up in rank order. Those chosen will be given the choice to join me and will have the night to say their goodbyes and pack."

        Many wolves inhale sharply at the King's words. Not at the fact that we only have tonight to say our goodbye's, but at the fact that he said that our Alpha is his brother. I lift my head to look at the two powerful men.

        Besides the fact that my Alpha is in his mid-thirties while the King is reaching his early forties, the two look very much alike. They both sport the same eye shape and color, along with their build. The only difference that I can spot is that my Alpha has longer shaggy brown hair, while the King has shorter shaggy black hair.

        "Our Alpha is royalty" I project to Leah in disbelief. She sends shocked conformation down the line. I open the wall to the main link and feel various emotions of shock and disbelief, some holding hurt that our Alpha hid his royal blood from us.

        I rebuild the wall holding off the main link, it causing a slight headache. The King and my Alpha sit beside my pack's Beta. The rest of the seats hold the Gamma, Delta, and the King's men and women.

        We all face our plates as human caterers carry in various trays of food. They place them on the three tables. It takes about six trips until the two large tables are filled, the one holding the high ranking wolves taking only one trip.

        Once everything is placed down, the humans practically run into the side kitchen. While us wolves and any humans that live with us are more accustomed to powerful auras, the humans are not. The sheer power of it must have them shaking in fear and terror.

        The whole pack is still as we wait for the Alpha and Alpha King to take their first bite. Once they swallow their mouthful at the same time, everyone begins to serve themselves.

        The whole room is loud as everyone speaks to one another, not knowing if this is the last time they will see each other again.