Scared Past

Tsukiko blinked and looked around. It took her a second to realize she wasn't in her room. Tsukiko was researching more meals she could make for the rowdy group of pirates she called family, and she fell asleep at the table.

Tsukiko got up and made her way to the deck, she saw the sun was rising so she started making breakfast for everyone. After a good hour she had broken a sweat and had a full array of foods for them. She made blueberries muffins, pancakes, eggs and hash browns.

When the door to the galley opened she smiled at her Captain. "Morning Kid."

The redhead stopped and looked around. "It smells like heaven in here."

Tsukiko let out a big smile, proud of herself for pleasing Kid. Probably the hardest man to please in the 7blues. "I think that's the nicest think you said to me since I joined."

Kid let out a small smile and pushed the green haired woman. "Don't get use to it."

"Go ahead and eat Cap, I'm sure the boys will smell the food and coming running." Tsukiko said as she tended to the dishes piling up.

Tsukiko wasn't recruited as the chef but she quickly took charge of the Kitchen and made it hers, upon doing that she also didn't eat unless everyone was finished and the dishes were done. She wanted everyone else to be stuffed and doing their tasks before she could relax and enjoy her meal.

"Sit down and enjoy your cooking while it's hot." Kid said taking a bit of the golden hash browns.

"Oh no-"

"I said eat." Kid said shooting her a look. The woman nodded and started to sit at the other end when Kid kicked a chair out two seats to his right. "You're one of my best fighters so you sit with me."

Tsukiko blinked, nodding at Kid and sat in the seat, it was two minutes later the rest of the crew filed in. Killer sat beside her and nodded at her. Everyone chatted and laughed as they ate. "Something the matter Tsu?" Killer asked drinking the freshly squeezed orange juice out of a straw.

"Oh no. I'm fine!" Tsukiko said with a smile and waved her hands around.

"You just seem very very quite today." Killer noted

Tsukiko smiled at the masked man. "I'm just a little more tired than normal but I'll be fine! I get to take a nap before I do look out tonight so that'll be fine!"

"Fred," Kid shouted at a crew member "you're taking Tsukiko's look out shift tonight."

The minute Kid said it, it was silence in the galley. Kid wasn't known for being nice to every crew member, so for him to make another member take a shift because one said they were tired. Shocked everyone to silence.

"Y-yes Cap Kid!" Fred said nodding, trying not to argue that he was already doing the middle shift and he'd be up for hours.

After the crew finished dinning, everyone when their separate ways and started their jobs. "Kid." Tsukiko said as she grabbed his empty plate. "I could have done my job as lookout tonight." The jaded hair woman didn't look Kid in the eyes as she started to do dishes.

"Are you complaining I did something nice for you?" Kid replied back.

"No! of course not! And thank you for that but I just don't want you to think I'm worthless if I'm tired. I've fought after being awake for three days." Tsukiko said handing the dish to Heat as he helped her with the dishes.

"I don't think you're worthless." Kid announced after a moment of silence. "Like I said. You're one of my best fighters. If you're tired. Then you get rest. Simple as that." The redhead said pouring another glass of orange juice. "Plus I want another breakfast like this tomorrow morning and you can't do that sleeping." He said as he walked out

"May I ask you a question Kiki?" Heat asked the woman as he dried the dishes.

"Of course you can." Tsukiko said as she put away the dishes they were dry already, making room for more.

"We don't know much about your past, and you just mentioned being up for three days? Why were you up that late?" The man asked, his eyes watching her movement.

Tsukiko let out a sad smile. "I don't like my past and I did things and went through things I wasn't proud of.."

"Like what?" Heat inquired

"I must have been around 15 or so?" Tsukiko said with a sigh "both my parents had just died. I was alone and none of my family had wanted a teenager so I was left to fend for myself. I started working at a bar, Todd's Bar Hut, I think it's name was. The owner felt bad for me so he let me deliever the beers and food to customers. We had a group of bandits come in."

Tsukiko took a break and paused washing the dishes. "The leaders name was Moroni, he was mean. Kid would look like a saint next to him. Anyways, we had just had pirates at the bar so we had ran out of Sake and the owners tried to reason with them but they said if they could give them the service they wanted then they would take whatever they wanted."

"They took you?" Heat questioned.

Tsukiko nodded. "Yeah. They owners tried to stop them, they were shot they second they came near Moroni. They took me tied me up and threw me in a barrel, it stunk of death. I was in there for probably a week. After we had gotten to another island they broke the barrel open by kicking the side of it and kicking me in the process. At first I thought they would kill me but they brought me food and water. They gave me a room to stay in. I was happy for the first day, then night came and Moroni came in- he took away my innocence then one by one they all would come in and have their way with me."

"How long did this go one for?" Heat asked take her shaking hands in his. "You don't have to tell me."

"It went on for about two years, they would feed me. Let me outside in the sun, they would make sure if I started getting too thin they'd feed me by force, then we landed somewhere and they sold me off for a pretty penny. Before they person who bought me could do anything he had passed out, falling to the ground along with a bunch of other people. I looked over and saw him standing there. He was my hero that day. He took me to his friends and they showed me not everyone was bad. He taught me to fight. I learned that he use Haki on those people.

After a few years, I grew stronger. I bid hem farewell and made my way to take revenge for my past. It took three months to find Moroni. I stayed in the shadows for three days. I watched his every move. While he slept. I watched him breath.
Finally. After the third day. I snapped. He was getting ready to sleep and that's when I went in, I tortured him like he did with me. Then before I left he begged me for his life, I don't know what came over me but I laughed, then I took my blade and plunged it in his throat and told him he didn't spare me, so he deserved to die."

Heat watched the woman, no tears fell nor a smile adorned on her face. It was just a blank stare. The man patted her hand and gave a smile. "I'm sorry you went though that, but I'm glad it brought you to us."

Tsukiko let out a big smile. "Me too!"

"Who was the man who saved you?" Heat asked looking at her as they exited the kitchen. 

Tsukiko let out a small smile. "His name is Silvers Rayleigh." 

So, I don't recall saying when the story is setting place, but this is leading up to the Sabaody Archepelago Arc

So, I don't recall saying when the story is setting place, but this is leading up to the Sabaody Archepelago Arc. :) 

Let me know how you guys are enjoying it! Thanks for reading!!