Chapter 28

Kyra's PoV

"Are you also sensing the awkwardness?" Brendan whispered to me as soon as we left for the kitchen.

As soon as I was given the all clear with the school nurse I begrudgingly gave the keys to my baby to Jaimin and got into my fathers car and went home. Where I had a life lesson on the importance of sleep. Then I slept for a couple hours. Dads orders!

Then Jaimin arrived home with a group of concerned people. Most concerned with me. But Brendan was concerned with the awkward tension between Jaimin and acel.

"I thought I was the only one!" I exclaimed in a whisper.

Brendan threw his hands up in praise "thank god someone else sees it! Ameera was too busy with her coffee cup to notice!"

I peaked my head out of the kitchen door to see the two boys staring at each other in the living room and Ameera colouring her coffee cup with a pen whilst singing to herself, oblivious to the tension.

"What do you think is going on?" I asked after I ducked my head back into the kitchen. The microwave beeped telling me that the Doritos were done.

Brendan shrugged "I thought acel caught you two in action but if you don't know then it's not that"

I sighed and opened the microwave to smell the salsa and melted cheese overtaking my senses. "We haven't gone that far yet"

There was a crash in the living "What the fuck is wrong with you!"

You haven't even taken the food out yet! Tara complained as I rushed into the living room.

Ameera stood in front of acel in an attack stance. She growled at him. "Out of anyone you could make out with you chose sadden minimus!"

Both Brendan and I gasped in shock "you made out with sadden?" I asked

"And you didn't tell me!" Brendan added on

Acel looked down in shame "I used to go out with her"

"What!" Brendan exclaimed. He glanced at everyone in the room "did you?..... did he?..... why would?....... I need To sit down" and that's what he did.

Jaimin sighed and shook his head "how come you never told us?"

"She wanted to keep it a secret and so did I" acel then sat back down in his seat "it was just a couple of days after my birthday, we all agreed that we wouldn't tell our mates about us until it was their birthday so they can have the same 'fairytale' experience that most werewolves get"

"That's so sweet!" Ameera chimed whilst looking at Brendan with soft eyes. Brendan gave her a small wink in return.

Jaimin gave them an annoyed look and told acel to continue "it was hard Jaimin all I wanted was my mate so one night I went to tell her the truth when I saw her kissing someone, a vampire"

"That would be kelelm" I said with an eye roll. Jaimin gave a small growl at the mention of his name.

"As soon as I saw that I walked the other way and ended up in an alleyway. I found sadden there. She was crying and she looked like she was in pain. So I helped her out" acel shook his head as to try and get did of the memory.

"What happened to her?" Ameera asked in a concerned voice.

Acel looked at her with a blank look "that's not my place to tell you"

"Oh... okay" Ameera nodded in understanding.

"Anyways, As soon as I found her I brought her back to her house and she invited me in for a coffee"

"What kind of coffee?" Ameera interrupted, I looked over to her with eyes of disbelief "what? It's a serious question"

"It was decaf but that's not important"I'm actually quite surprised that he answered that question "That night I really got to know her. She's not a bitch like everyone says her to be"

"But didn't she beat you up the other day?" Brendan asked.

Acel nodded "yeah I broke up with her a couple days before the party, she knew my reasons but I don't think she liked it."

"But I saw you two making out in the hallway" Jaimin acknowledged whilst folding his arms.

Acel gave a whimper "Brendan don't you remember when Ameera had her heat?" Brendan nodded "imagine her resisting you. All you want to do is comfort her but she doesn't want you to"

"I don't know what I'd do to be honest" Brendan shook his head "Ameera hardly had a heat because I was there as soon as it happened"

"It hurt for like a second Then Brendan stopped it" Ameera commented

I sucked in a deep breath as sudden pain bubbled at my stomach "is it by any chance a burning pain in your stomach?" I clenched out.

Ameera looked over to me "from what I can remember yeah" she gave me a weird look.

Brendan sniffed the air "oh you gotta be kidding me! Jaimin sort your mate out"

Jaimin gave him a confused look before sniffing the air then looking straight at me "mine!"

"Well we must be going" Ameera said whilst tapping Brendan's shoulder so he would get up.

Brendan groaned "but I wanna see what happens!" Jaimin snapped his head to Brendan and growled "okay we should leave!" He stood up in panic

"Come on acel" Ameera said then glanced round the room "acel?" That's when the front door slammed shut

"I swear sometimes that kids a ninja!" Brendan exclaimed then turned to us "have fun!"

Ameera smirked in amusement and winked at me before her and Brendan made it out the house.

That's when the panic happened and I looked at jaimin "we can't have sex" he stopped in his track. I glanced round the room in panic "I'm.... ugh.... not ready yet"

Jaimin nodded "I understand" then he started to walk towards me again "just let me comfort you....... please?"

That's when my mind went to the Conversation we had with Acel. I slowly nodded "okay"

 I slowly nodded "okay"