Chapter 31

Jaimins PoV

Right now it felt like if I said one word Kyra would explode. I don't even know how to tell her that the hotel manager told us not to come back.

I cautiously watched as she turned the car into the houses driveway. When she parked and turned the car off she turned to me.

"I need to speak to my dad privately when we get in" I gave a small nod "but my mum said you can help her plan the Halloween party, she said it's Luca training"

I gave a small smile "party planning sounds like fun"

She rolled her eyes "it's not so fun when it's with her"

With that being said she got out of the car and made her way into the house. I sighed and followed after her.

"Hey son!" Katherine called and popped her head out of the living room doorway "come on in. Luca training begins"

I playfully shook my head and walked my way into the room.i stood frozen at all the paper flung everywhere

"Sit down Jaimin and tell me how your hotel stay went" Katherine said and took a pile of papers off the sofa and onto her lap, then she patted the seat. I gladly sat down "so tell. am I expecting grandchildren?"

My eyes grew as wide as saucers "n-no! We didn't do anything like that! I swear!"

Katherine sighed in disappointment "your really one of a kind son"

"Kyra didn't want to so I respected that. When she's ready I'm ready" I replied,

She gave me a kind smile then cleared her throat "right well as you might know Halloween is a very special holiday for me and I have to have an epic party on the night"

I smiled back " I have heard that your party's are amazing"

She frowned a bit "just heard? Have you ever gone to one of my party's? All pack members are welcome"

I shook my head and frowned "omegas aren't really liked by the other pack members, they tell us not to go to the pack party's or bad things would happen"

"What do you mean by that?"

I took a deep breath "my friend Dakota went to the Christmas party when she was fourteen, the next day we found her tied to a lamppost outside of school and covered in junk food"

mum gasped " how did I not know about this?"

I shrugged "and acel went to the Valentine's Day party last year. They taped him to one of mr barracks cows in nothing but his underwear"

Tears fell from her eyes "it wasn't my Kyra was it?"

I shook my head "no Kyra and the girls kind of kept to themselves, everyone liked and respected them but they just wanted to be left alone"

Mum hummed and opened one of the folders with a sad smile "her father was exactly the same when he was her age. The only people he really talked to was his beta and brother."

"Really?" I asked happy to change the topic.

She gave a small nod and a little giggle "yeah he was respected for being the alpha and all and had all these people wanting to be his friend but he liked being with people who liked him for him and not his status"

"Oh I know what you mean" I said thinking about Colton and drefan and what they want from Kyra "I punched someone who wanted to use Kyra for her title"

She gave me a big smile "the moon goddess made the right decision to mate you two together. You're perfect for my daughter"

I felt my face turn deep red. "I think she made the right decision as well. I couldn't imagine my life without Kyra. Just seeing her smile makes my heart skip a beat every time"

Mum tapped my knee then turned to the folders "we should start planning before Kyra and my husband get back in here and groan at how boring we are being"

I chuckled "alright"

*

"Are you still at it?" Gabe Asked whilst leaning against the door frame

"Nearly finished!" Mum called whist sticking something to wall. I took a step back to look at the masterpiece we put together. "Alright so the final verdict is that we get two big cakes that are vanilla and chocolate. Then we get a platter of cupcakes in red velvet, carrot and lemon"

"Yup" I said whilst clipping the cap on the pen I was holding. I have examined everything "I think that's it"

"Nearly" mum said and rushed over to the only file we didn't look in then she passed it to me "this is for you and Kyra to go through, just bring it back when you've decided"

"What's inside it?" I ask whilst tilting the file round.

"Oh god! Not this baloney again!" I heard gabe groan behind me

"Oh shush you!" She playful hissed at him then she turned to me " it's couple costumes, every year there's a couple costume contest. Kyra has always wanted to do it with her mate so I thought I'd put this together for a bonding exercise or something"

"Okay that part is cute" gabe mumbled. Then he sighed "I guess it's another year of the single contest for me. I think I'll go as a caveman"

"Suits your personality quite well" mum mused.

Gabe fake gasped "uncle Paul! Your wife is bullying me!"

It was quiet for a second before he replied with "that's my girl!"

"I swear it's favouritism in this house!" Gabe ranted then marched off