Chapter Seven: The Second Son-*10/15/2018 update*

In the vacancy of the Lapuz light, Aaron was unsure if what he saw in his mind's eye was clairvoyance, or imagination. Aaron was also unsure if whom he saw on stage singing under the moon and the stars were even Princess Eden. No one in his family would believe him if he told them that the horse girl, Madeline, and the Princess were one in the same.

He had considered asking Kain—for he would understand—maybe even believe him—but for once in his life, Aaron kept his insights hidden. No one believed him no matter what he said.

Yet again, the Royal Families were chaperoned out of the Symphony Hall to Peyrônella's Court, an esplanade high above the ground in the château des rois over-looking the gulf de Léon where the banquet for Eden was held. The smoke burning from the white-sage incense welded with the wind casted forth from the sea and settled over the terrace. White wine was served for the guests to drink at the ceremony, easing them into conversation with one another and brought out the best of their joyous spirits. By the rights of tradition, meat wasn't allowed to be eaten on the day of the ceremony, but the cooks had prepared white tuna caught fresh from the sea earlier that morning. Along with the fish, the menu consisted of beans, rice, and cauliflower; for the main course; a lemon sorbet was offered between courses to refresh the tongue; and pitahaya, lychee, and white strawberries coupled with cream were offered for desert. The emphasis on white was to cleanse the night, to ensure the purity of the occasion. Symbolic of good fortune so that when the future monarchs of Pyrésea were declared the announcement would be made in a clean, rebirthed, air.

All throughout the early evening, Eden was untouchable. Noblemen and women from every kingdom were lined to greet the young princess. Aaron was not permitted, for only the eldest son of each royal family was welcomed to greet the Pyrésees heiress.

Prince Revali of Iôtalia was by far one of the most handsome boys Aaron had ever seen. Perhaps even more handsome than his older brother Sidon. Aaron recalled Kain's critique of the other eligible princes, and without a doubt, Kain was right, the contest truly was between Sidon and Revali.

"She's rather flat-chested," Aaron heard his cousin say as he sat alone, watching the symphony play from a distance. "Wouldn't you agree? Don't know what that idiot Anthony was talking about." Kain sat in the empty seat next to Aaron. "Too bad."

"Ugh, yeah."

"You like tits, right? You're not gay?"

"What? No way."

Kain lifted a brow.

"No, I mean yes. I like tits and no, I'm not gay."

"Wouldn't matter to me if you were—I just notice how you don't ever...never mind. Your cousin's a hell of a musician, huh? Who knew? But, yeah man, I wouldn't worry about any of this shit." Kain gestured toward the row of dignities and their eldest sons waiting in line to greet the princess. "I'm on the sidelines too, buddy. Those dorks don't have shit on us. No offence to Sidon."

"None taken."

"I'm sure your horse girl has nicer tits."

"She.... She does."

"Proud of you soldier."

"Kain... I ... uh, think—"

"What? That you're a homo?"

"No? That uh, Eden is the, um, horse girl."

Kain slanted his eyes at Aaron. Then, shrugging his shoulders he turned to face the symphony and said, "Yeah. I believe it."