Chapter Six: The Night of the Goddess; Maia's Lament-*10/15/2018 update*

Before Aaron could quarrel any further with his cousins, King Elijah's messenger arrived to summon the Evershield family to the Symphony Hall. The Evershield's being the noblest of families, for it was their ancestor who conquered the continent many ages ago and established the first kingdom (hence the Evershields governing Andora in the continent of Andora) were the last to arrive in the Symphony Hall. The other five Royal Families of Andora stood for the Evershields as they entered through the building's gates. King Adonis and Queen Everelee were last in the Evershield procession and were ushered by the Pyrésees retainers to a balcony.

Once in his seat, Aaron tried catching eyes with Milo who was situated below in the orchestra pit, but the young musician was too intense, too nervous to notice. His only ambition was to preform his best.

While the families entered the Symphony Hall, the orchestra played the national anthem of each dynasty as the audience rose to their feet to honour their arrival. The conductor, through an elaborate composition, wove together all of the national anthems, arranging dynamic key changes as so the listener could not tell when one anthem transitioned into the next. Thoughtfully arranged in such character to represent the peace between the kingdoms—a united Andora, if you will. Although, in the divided hearts of the listeners they still had only heard their nation's anthem as ringing the most beautifully.

Amongst the murmuring of the crowd, Aaron overheard voices speaking of Princess Eden's beauty. Aaron tried but couldn't design an image of what Princess Eden may look like, for he had thought Madeline, the Horse Girl, had been the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen in his entire life. Lost in the theatre of his imagination, he ascribed Madeline's face unto the princess.

The murmuring rumours surrounding him were also that of speculation over Eden's betrothal. From what Aaron could eavesdrop, most everybody concluded that Eden would be engaged to either Prince Revali of Iôtalia, or, of course, Prince Sidon of Andora. Aaron was reminded by the voices of the people of his royal creed that—he was the Second Son. First Sons would rise to be Kings. Admired by all; remembered by first name in history.

Second Sons—well, they could rise to be warriors, captains to lead conquests that would alter the fates of the nations. Scholars. Explorers. Diplomats. But never to be Kings.

Aaron retreated into the recesses of his imagination to ease himself away from the forefront of his sorrow, and saw himself as a warrior of the kind none had ever seen before. The boy in his imagination was not a boy, but a Man. He was taller and far more handsome than he currently was at fourteen. Wielding a blade that's glinting folds broke through the darkness of the night. Battling an evil force atop a red mountain. He was fighting for something—someone—he gazed deeper into his imagination and saw a girl, the horse girl, Madeline. When Aaron saw Madeline in his dreams, he, after being knocked down by the unknown calamity, had the strength to stand erect on his knees and seize the sword that would Greet Evil's End.

Suddenly blinded by the light that permeated his shut lids, Aaron looked up to see the light of the Lapuz Lazuli stone radiate in the beam of the brilliant full moon. The moon had waxed in the sky. The stage of the Symphony Hall was constructed in such a way that the mirrors fixed to the correct angles would bounce back the Lapuz light. The first strings of Milo's lyre rang through the Symphony Hall, Aaron was so moved by the music that he once more had to shut his eyes and visit his dream.

Suddenly, in his dream, a blue light radiated from the black pendant hanging around Madeline's chest. The blue light was so radiant it enveloped the red mountain and became the sea. Aaron saw Madeline as she was, and then as the most beautiful voice he had ever heard began to sing the Lament au Maia, he opened his eyes and saw Madeline, again, as she was. The color of her hair was different, but there was no denying her face. For it was an impossible face to forget.

The full moon for the infinitesimal time it was positioned in the sky to submerge the Symphony Hall in all the glory of the Lunar light transformed the world into a living dream. A place in time not of the time given.

Milo looked up to read the signs of the sky so he could time the conclusion of the ballad with the passing of the moon. With the last word sung and the concluding note of the lyre strung, the moonbeams passed out of alignment with the Lapuz crystal, lifting the blue aura from the stage. And in the nakedness of the white moonlight that still flooded the Symphony Hall, Princess Eden of the Pyrésea recognized Prince Aaron of Andora.

====================================

Thank you for reading "The Roar of Andora"!

If you enjoyed this chapter, please make sure to LIKE, COMMENT, and SHARE this story with your friends and fellow Wattpad readers. Every little bit helps! And make sure to follow landenwakil to keep notified on when "The Roar of Andora" gets updated next.

Also, if you're enjoying the World of Andora, but have ran out of story to read (yikes!), please make sure to check out the "The Myths of Andora" and "The Tales of Andora" found on landenwakil's Wattpad account. There are many other incredibly talented writers contributing their stories to the World of Andora, so please make sure to support their work, and asides, there are some other pretty epic adventures happening all the time in Andora that you won't want to miss out on!

Instagram: — Personal: @landenwakil — The Roar: @theroarofandora