Chapter Fifteen: King Adonis II's Prayer

Ezérelea never returned. Within the span of Aaron's brief exchange of words between Jared and Anthony, the foreign seductress had vanished. Burning with lust, Aaron waited back by his table, made irrelevant small-talk with the red haired one that didn't even make sense to him, and then got up and left the brothel once the high of intoxication fleeted and left him only feeling dizzy and depressed.

Fortunately for the drunken teenager, the walk back to his family's estate and the freezing night sobered him. By the time he reached his home, ice began crystalizing on his hair and a trail of snot that ran into his mouth had hardened. The unusualness of entering his home without having to speak with the guards unsettled him. For the night was too cold for their watch. Aaron figured his father must have sent them home. And then entering through the front door, Aaron concluded that his father must have sent all of the servants home.

Ready to sleep the night off, Aaron stumbled up the flight of stairs to the private quarters and then walking down the empty corridor toward his room—heard his father weeping.

Pushing open the heavy wooded door into his parent's room, he saw his father kneeling beneath the window, praying in the tradition of the Believers. "Give me strength. Give me strength, mom and dad," Adonis II said aloud. "I'm not ready. Give me strength for my children. For Sidon and Aaron. Watch over them. Please. Protect them. I ask on the Breath of the Four Goddesses and on the Will of the Son. Please, protect my sons."

Aaron had not known his father to be a man of the traditional religions.

Just as Aaron was about to back off and close his father's door, giving him the respect of privacy, Adonis continued. "Especially Aaron." Aaron froze. "He needs it. Please don't leave his side. Please protect Aaron."

Tears shivered out of the boy's eyes. Moments earlier, the dilemma of his sexual morality ripped his soul apart. Yet, seeing the naked desperation of his father reminded him of the world much larger than his own. And as Aaron stood behind his father, behind the half-opened door, he saw his father as he never had before. Aaron had never seen his father cry. But it was his father's stature that surprised him the most.

When a boy is young, he never quite realizes that someday his father will lean and he will grow larger than his father. To a boy, his father is of a statuesque ideal that he'll never be. Aaron imagined how he would compare in size kneeling next to his father and knew now, without a doubt, by his age he was both taller and thicker. Reminding him of what it used to look like watching his father and grandfather side by side. He closed his father's door.

====================================

Thank you for reading "The Roar of Andora"!

If you enjoyed this chapter, please make sure to LIKE, COMMENT, and SHARE this story with your friends and fellow Wattpad readers. Every little bit helps! And make sure to follow landenwakil to keep notified on when "The Roar of Andora" gets updated next.

Also, if you're enjoying the World of Andora, but have ran out of story to read (yikes!), please make sure to check out the "The Myths of Andora" and "The Tales of Andora" found on landenwakil's Wattpad account. There are many other incredibly talented writers contributing their stories to the World of Andora, so please make sure to support their work, and asides, there are some other pretty epic adventures happening all the time in Andora that you won't want to miss out on!

Instagram: — Personal: @landenwakil — The Roar: @theroarofandora